icon

Omega IB-F1 PATS bypass don't work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big duke 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up a IB-F1 bypass on a 2002 F150. It is for a remote start. The remote start works. It will start with the key in the ignition. The key is in the off position so I know that it has to be the bypass. I called tech and the wires are hooked up right. It won't program when I turn the key on. It is getting power and ground. The other wires are on the signal wires. Any suggestions?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Be sure you do not have the TX & RX wires reversed.........
Are you using 2 Factory Coded keys to Program F1?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
big duke 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
No I'm not sure about the wires. I called tech and they gave me the colors.Should I try to reverse the wires?
The second part of the question: No. I only have to put in the key and turn it on. It programs itself. Thanks, Please let me know.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

big duke wrote:
No I'm not sure about the wires. I called tech and they gave me the colors.Should I try to reverse the wires?
The second part of the question: No. I only have to put in the key and turn it on. It programs itself. Thanks, Please let me know.

you should have to do more than just turn the key on.    I  have not had good luck getting a PKF1 programmed.  We just quit using them and stock most Ford keys and just use a pass4 or 556u

JiggaFan 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
isn't the IBF1 (IBPKF1) a 1-key programmable bypass?
hmmm.
BypassKit Programming:
1 - Once the bypasskit unit is properly connected, turn key to "on" position.
2 - the bypasskit IS NOW PROGRAMMED.
perhaps you leaving the key in the ignition, even in the "off" position, is sending two different transponder signals (one from bypass and one from actual key)
remove key from ignition and try to RS. i'm sure you've probably already tried that, though.
big duke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
I replaced the IB-F1. Still doesn't work. If the computer wires are backwards would it not work? Also if I switch them and they are right now would it damage the computer? I would have switched them already if I knew it wouldn't damage my truck.
ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
just switch the transmit and receive wires around and it will program
they use the same color wires(WHITE/ green and gray/orange) in most every vehicle but the pin locations are different in every vehicle so therefore they have different functions in each vehicle
this also goes the same for the pkf2 and pkf3
when you're programming an f2 or f3 you'll know you have them backwards when you start the programming and the led doesn't come on solid when turning the key and then you can just stop and switch the wires and then start programming
and also the pkf1 or ibf1 only take ONE key to program the bypass
GOOD LUCK
TechHead
big duke 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2005 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hello All,
        I finally got this thing working. When I talked to tech support the first time they told me to hook the red to constant hot.I called again and this time they told me to hook it to a wire that becomes hot with key on and with the remote actavating. I hope this helps the next guy. Thanks for the input of those who tryed to help. If I can help any one send a reply. I'll do me best. Cya's. Duke

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic