icon

Compustar 2wss-as

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jamesfordsvt 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, now I messed around with my alarm, now, the engine wont shut off.  Does anyone know where in the electrical system this could happen? The car keeps running, my accessories are ALWAYS on, I cant turn them off.  Can someone help me ? 
James 1998 ford contour svt    compustar 2wss
jamesfordsvt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

So I brought it in to the place that hooked it up, they couldnt figure out what it was... then I brought it in to FORD, they said it looked like a mess down there after they charged me for 1 hour, The mechanic told me to get rid of all the alarm wires, he couldnt figure out what it was.......now I have the car back and wondering if anyone has had this happen, its not the ignition switch, I pulled the ignition  harness and my car keeps running.  ive read my vehicle schematics and all, could someone tell me If they might have removed a couple stock wires for the remote start to work OR do they just splice in and could the relays be bad? Or could someone tell me how the compustar remote start relays are hooked up in my car?

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
what year contour is it
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Its a 98...check his sig.
If you unplug the brain and the accessories stay on, its probably a problem with the ignition switch, or a relay locked up somewhere in the car. If you unplug the brain and the accessories shut off, its a locked up relay in the brain.
jamesfordsvt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

the place where I got  the alarm installed at removed the brain, so now  I just have the relays and all wires going to my stock wiring. Im wondering if its a stuck relay?  could that happen?  im going to remove the wiring tomorow.  And see what happens.  anything i should watch out for? 

jamesfordsvt 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I completely took out my alarm, and presto, it all works like normal, I said to my self, I should just go buy two new relays for my alarm, but, I was too lazy.  I think that is what the problem  was.  So now I took out all wires and have to go have someone put it back in again.  I have a new found respect for all electronics installers again.  I see how much work is put in to a Compustar Install.  WOW.  To everyone reading this, thank you all for doing what you do. If anyone is from Minnesota, could you drop me a line? Or could you tell me a good place to have this alarm put in again, OR is there a better choice of ALARM? or is compustar top of the line, it just has its hiccups?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic