icon

Remote Start without Wiring Guide

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b-roy 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hi , fairly new to the forums, still fairly new to installing. Been installing for 6 months now. Wanted to toss out a quick question. I've been trying to work myself away from using wiring guides. I've found you learn far more, understand problems when they come up and can finish a job when the guide isn't there.

Anyway..........

On to my questions.

1) In a vehicle with mulitple ignitions, accesories etc etc.. how do you determine when they have to be used and when they don't?

2) Any tips to share on vehicles with multiplexing ( ie 05 Dodge Magnum ) in the ignition harnass......figuring out the resistances required etc.

This may be fairly simple to some of you, but I'm still learning and I intend to keep doing just that.

Thanks

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
As far as firguring out which ignitions are and arenot needed,  I have always gone under the impression they all are.  This way I can't be blamed for something getting messed up because the remote start didn't power up some piece of equipment.  (ie certain gm suvs if you don't power up the white wire as ignition it'll screw with the transmission or something along those lines.)  As for getting resistances easiest way to do it is find the feed wire which would be ground in the case of your magnum.  Then find the resisted wire.  Cut the feed wire put one probe on the side going into the switch, then put the other probe on the switch side of the resisted wire.  Set the meter in ohms and you're good.  Other people may have a less cutting involved way of doing this, but this setup hasn't failed me yet.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
b-roy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, whenever in doubt I have always powered all my wires. Was curious if there were any methods to know other than trial and error. The resistance sounds so easy to me I feel like a tool for not figuring it out.

I see you work at Best Buy...I work at Future Shop way up here.

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ahh so you too have fallen under the big blue umbrella.....  My condolences.  I don't know wonder if it's any different up there, than it is here with all the corporate crap and the lack of respect carfi gets from well EVERYONE.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
b-roy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  

Lots of corporate crap here too. Ours isn't too bad, but we just had a GM change and it doesn't appear to be any good for the bay.

anickle 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
i would watch what gets said around the corporate community:)
andrew nickle
b-roy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

I don't even want to get started on my install boss ..........Remote Start without Wiring Guide - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic