icon

Remote start wiring harness, where to buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JeremyB 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking for an online site to buy a harness adapter for a 96 Chevy, one that you disconnect the harness for the ignition switch and hook another connector in between like the trailer wiring adapters
tobydogg 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
I alway thought that was the only way to go, but never could find any. Should have gone into business making these. Anyway, they are out there now. I was just looking at harnesses at www.bulldogsecurity.com. for the Bulldog systems. I think if you check with the manufacturer of your alarm or remote starter, they might be either selling them or have a source for them. Sure beats laying under the dash hooking up wires for an hour.
tobydogg
JeremyB 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
I finally checked Bulldog and found them, been looking for a week, found them first at Crimestopper, but no dealers listed and no online ordering.  Was just about ready to go to the Chevy dealer and see if it was possible to buy the harness connectors and wire it myself. 
NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
JermeyB did you get yours yet. I want to order one but they look nothing like crimestopper ones. Are they any good
TTopStang 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have also been searching online and haven't been able to find any others than the Crimestopper and the Bulldog. The only thing is that the only ones that I found that you can actually BUY on the internet were the Bulldogs. Personally I'd rather have the Crimestopper. It seems as though it is a direct T type harness where the Bulldog isn't. If anyone finds a place where we can actually order the Crimestopper harnesses, please post a link. Thanks.
Phatmex 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
A got a couple sets from Crutchfield a while back.  They were for the Crimeguard alarms but easily adaptable for others.....
JeremyB 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
Don't have it yet, will respond with my opinion on it
NextelOnline123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
I got my harness and it is great. It looks just like the crimestopper unit. I hooked it up and it works great. It was a good buy at only 20 bucks. I'd rather buy this than pay to get my RS installed.
Phatmex 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Just remember that unless you do some extra mods, the only thing needed to defeat the alarm and start your car is unplug it and plug the normal connector back in.
JeremyB 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2002 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
The unit from Bulldog looks the same as the one from Crimestopper, .  Appears to be almost factory from GM

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic