icon

Carvox starter wont start in cold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
viptime 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
radiostar is a junk. the only site on the net that got anythig good to say about is www.zerotohundred.com it because they sell it. They delete all posts that say bad things about this alarm. king eagal sucks
My ability to fix things is only superseded by ability to make it worth in the process
talontsi96 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
viptime...how exactly are you contributing to this thread again? These people are trying to solve a problem here. They allready have the unit installed in their vehicle and allready bought it. Advice saying "don't buy that chinese junk" is a little after the fact wouldnt you say? We all know that Carvox has its problems. In its defence on mine, everything works perfectly except for the cold start feature and I'm getting that fixed. Why throw your money in the trash, buy a new unit and reinstall everything when you can fix the current unit. Thats what these people are trying to do.
I personally got in touch with a Carvox rep, he asked me to send the unit back to him and was aware of this cold start problem (which apparently is fixed now in the new units) and he is sending me a new unit (which apparently had this issue resolved).   Way easier than buying a new starter, ripping all the wires out againa and reinstalling everything. An a lot cheaper too amy I say....I'm not sure if it will work properly yet, but when I get it and get it installed, I'll let evereyone know...
rameez3k 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

Good on you guys for trying to solve the problem. awsome stuff. thanks

i boguht this alarm a few months ago, and it said i have a 6 month warantee. i tried to get ahold of teh person that soldit to me, but failed iwth no reply, you said you got in contact with the carvox rep (last post->talontsi96) could you possibly giveme the contact information? thanks alot.

rameez3k

cerwinvega19 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Bought the Carvox units off of ebay, was "Mr.Jason" located in Toronto? I think i know who you are talking about and i have his #. He me to do all the installs for him but was not impressed with the quality of the Carvox units. I am glad i only installed 2 of them.
vizy 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  

I think I find a way to work around it.

This is for those whose still have this remote in their cars.

I start the car with the remote, and then I keep pressing the door lock button (sending the door lock signal or sendin it just as the car is starting) . After that you press the car button to check if you car starts or not. 

So far in the last 2 days, It starts every time for me in the cold weather.  If I remote start and then not pressing the door lock button I will get the hood open alarm.

Please post you result whether it is working for you or not, so other could learn from you.

drewbeb 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, It is nice (not really) to see others are having this problem. I am having the same problem but it is not cold out.  It was about 5 degrees celcius today which should be warm enough.  I am getting the same thing though, car starts then stalls then trys to start again and stops before cranking over the second time.  Then remote flashes hood open.   My friend that does installs thinks that maybe it is doing this because the tach wire wasn't programed or the system isn't reading the tach wire.  The car wire it is hooked up to was metered and is the proper wire which is located under the steering colom going in to the ECM.  As I write this I am thinking it is on the wrong side of the ECM because there is one on either side of the ECM. Maybe I need to attach it before the ECM as I think it is connected to the out going side of the ECM.  It is a 99 olds alero 2.4L 4door if this helps.

Please give me some ideas if you can. I will try switching the tach wire tommorow and post my results

talontsi96 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I got a replacement unit sent from Jason. It works flawlesly now warm or cold. Carvox is aware of the cold start problem and have remedied the problem in their units. The best way to solve this problem is to contact Jason, send him your control box and he'll send you a new replacement. Problem Solved.
rameez3k 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

hey how did u get ahold of this "jason"?

care to let us know, i am having same problem.

talontsi96 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
I believe Jason's e-mail is:
autouac@hotmail.com
Try that...I had his phone number at one time too but can't find it. I wouldn't post it on an open forum anyway. Try e-mailing him.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic