Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scratchy 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a 2004 Honda Pilot LX.

Recently had a remote start alarm installed however the installer could not get the 555H module to learn the transponder's sequence.  However I only had 1 master key and 1 valet key with me.  I'm still looking for the 2nd master key.  Hope that helps.

In doing a little research I found DEI makes a newer bypass for my vehicle... DEI 556H.  Would getting this module help my problem?

Also bypasskit.com has some modules as well... XK05 and the PKH2.  What do you folks think about these?

Anybody successfully bypass a 2004 Honda Pilot?

Thanks,

2000 Honda CRV
Geeque 
Silver - Posts: 310
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

If u use the 556H which is just for Honda and Acura, hence the "H", it should work just fine, but u need a programmed key to put inside.

Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
scratchy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Gary.  We tried programming with two keys.  And we tested the remote starter, by leaving the key in the ignition then using the remote start.  That worked.  But if you take the key out and try to start remotely, it just keeps turning over.

I think you're confused the the U model which requires a key.  The H model is supposed to learn the key and as a result does not require one for operation.

Also I just read there's yet a PKH3 module.

-Mark

2000 Honda CRV
Geeque 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Use a 556U then and a key, what key(S) did u use to program the 556H?
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
Geeque 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for being snuff, anyways, the U would work fine, I never used the H, not real familiar with it. DEI makes the best modules. I'm pretty sure u can't use the valet key to program the module. I think u need 2 master keys.
Gary Kline
MECP Master Technician
scratchy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Gary.  I'll try to locate the other master key and attempt to reprogram.

My installer only used 1 master key & 1 valet key.  I didn't have the 2nd master key on me.

I rather not use a U module due to security reasons.  I'd hate for someone to see my car was started remotely, break in, find the key and drive off.  You never know.

2000 Honda CRV
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
you can always snap the key shank off or have a key blank coded and not cut, which is what i do for customers....   the 556H should work fine assuming you have 2 master keys to learn it... otherwise use a 556U and have the head of a key programmed for your vehicle without cutting the shank, that way even if a thief did break in he cant start the car.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
It would be the "I" in that particular vehicle...btw.
555H is for Preludes and some Acura.... I covers almost everything else, including Pilot. The 556H will work nicely in that Pilot as well..
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
I don't see in the programming instructions available online that you need two keys for programming the 556H. I had some trouble programming a 555H for my 2002 Accord, but once I got it the unit worked fine. I am quite certain that I only used one key--2 were not required and would not make matters better--perhaps worse. From what I can find, the 555H SHOULD work for your 04 Pilot. The 556 instructions say it defintely will.
Due to the 555H module working intermittantly--which was probably my fault for the way I was trying to wire it (I had it activated through a relay from the IGN1 wire so that I could use the ground out from the RS unit as a starter disable when armed) AND the supplier from whom I bought it saying they had a lot of them returned, I switched to the PKH2. It was easy to program. Once tech support showed me that the intermittant problem was the way the transponder bypass was wired, I hooked it up to the ground out. It worked fine--has for 3 1/2 years. I would use it again.
scratchy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks.  I actually read in the 555h instructions that if 1 key doesn't work in the programming sequence, then to cycle through all the keys.  One of them should get it.  I don't like this uncertainty within the instructions.

I won't have access to my 3rd key for about a week.  I also don't know how my installer did the wiring.  I'm figuring they did it right since they had them work before.  In any case I also have a PKH2 on order and will use that as a backup.

Will report back in a week.

Thanks,

Mark

2000 Honda CRV
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic