icon

Omega says I need a pass 23a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tmacmil102 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

I have an 04 Chevy Express and bought a crimeguard 745i from crutchfield. Now I would like a remote start as well as keyless entry (should have bought the 845 I quess).

Contacted Omega and thier tech says I need a bypass called a pass-23a. Didn't say what I needed for keyless entry. Does anyone know the best way to go about this, such as, where to buy, is it a plugin module or will it be hard wired...ect. Aslo any info on the keyless entry would be helpful, I have manual locks.Omega says I need a pass 23a - Last Post -- posted image.

Tom
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
That van has GM's PASSLock II anti-theft system. There are many, many different modules available to bypass the system during remote start.
--You can permanently defeat the system with just a resistor, but it is not reliable, and you might get stuck someplace.
--You can use a resistor, and a relay so that the resistor only comes into play when the remote start is on....but it is time-consuming and still can be troublesome.
--There are various cheap modules that require you to measure the car's resistance with a meter, and then set the module using DIP switches and/or a little knob. Again-----an unreliable timewaster, in my opinion.
--There are modules that are easy enough to connect, and they program themselves. What's more, they automatically re-program every time you restart the car with the key......so even if the resistance changes a little, it's okay.
DEI's 555L is probably the most popular one around. The Audiovox AS-GM4 works the same way, and might be a little cheaper, although the instructions are a little less clear.
-----------------------
As for adding aftermarket power locks, there are many kits out there---you'll see them all over eBay. Two basic options here:
1. Buy a complete kit. Four actuators, wiring, and a little control brain.
When you unlock either of the front doors....whether with the key or your finger, the other doors will automatically "follow." Also, there will (or should) be two extra wires where you can connect your keyless entry outputs from your alarm.
2. Buy four actuators, two relays, get your own wire, and hook 'em up. But the other doors will not automatically "follow" what you do with the front door----the only way to trigger the actuators will be with your keyless, or by wiring and mounting a rocker switch.
--If the van has a sliding door, buy the metal contacts from the dealer ahead-of-time.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

You might want to see if Crutchfield will credit back part for Unit with Remote Start.  You can get Add-On Remote Start and use the 3rd channel for Start.

We have units that do both.

If you do get a Remote Start, Call Omega back or find a OMEGA Dealer / Retailer and ask for the

NEW IM-01  ...  It will do the ByPass & Door Locks.
It is posted as a IM-1, but Omega changed the Number this week.......to IM-01:

IM-01 - Platform #1: Upgradeable Door Lock & Alarm Interface Omega says I need a pass 23a - Last Post -- posted image.

DATA BUS INTERFACE FUNCTIONS: Lock/Unlock, Driver's Priority Unlock, Trunk/Hatch, OEM Security Arm/Disarm, Door trigger Output (-). *GM ONLY * DATA IMMOBILIZER FUNCTIONS: Override GM Passkey3 Transponder Immobilizer & Passlock 2 Immobilizer via data bus.
NKR-No Key Required.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
tmacmil102 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I went to Best Buy and the guy there says I need the bypass, the door actuators, the starter and a host of other things and it can all be installed for the measly sum of $450.00.

I paid less to have an alarm, remote start and keyless entry all at once on my other van and that was installed by the dealer.

I was under the impression that crimeguard 745i had a plug for the starter module and the wiring would have been done when the 745i was installed with it's starter kill switch. I guess I'm wrong. I can wire stereos blinfolded but this has me confused.

tom

Tom
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

yeah alot of people are under the impression that best buy is cheaper than most others, when actually they have been ripping people off for quite some time... oh well...

I would only assume that most of the cost associated was marked up because of it being purchased somewhere else.

The actuators are really not that bad to install, just time consuming.  Why not just install the remote starter and wait on the keyless entry part..?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic