icon

Prostart ct-3400 Computer Blew Up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxcat 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear you got it going. Usually the range on this unit is pretty good, where did you mount thr antenna
comet240 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

well its sitting on the floor right now lol,  this is my winter car, and trying to get it certified  so i just bought this remote starter this morning and finished it tonight,  i need a new windshield  so i havent put it on yet,  so ill put it on the top of the window area when i get a new windhsield

maxcat 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully when you get it up onto the windsheild your range will improve
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
ya me too  now i just gotta figure out how  on a 91 lumina  to take the headliner out, easily lol
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2005 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

i cant seem to get the remote to program the time lol  i can click it i dont get 2 beeps like it says holding down the F button  cant seem to get ot to do anything for time so far

comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

hi i had the remote starter in the car for a week now  no problems  today my dad started up the car  and shut it off by the remote but couldnt get it started again,  it then started unlocking the trunk  and the doors kept unlocking and relocking,   only thing i forgot to do was put  fuses  in between the purple orange green yellow ires between the remote starter and the relay but i had wred fuses from the constant power to the relay to go to the starter. accesssiroires,  etc.   so if i put a new fuse in the red constant power to the remote starter the headslights stay on  blower motor running    

so what could have causeds a feed back? to blow the remote starter  even with a fuse in those and it had blown the fuse  what would have caused it to blow?  car is a winter car and isnt on road yet its been in same spot all week just testing once a day the car starter  everything else is working

get back to me asap  anyone with info

10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you have wiring problem. BTW, the brain comes with a lifetime warranty. It sells at your local Canadian Tire store. You can buy a new one there.
Wondering, who install the starter for you.
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

damn i posted but it didnt post 

i installed it  i had a friend that is a remote installer to tell me what i all needed and it worked for a week  just today,  so i never put a fuse between  the mote starter to ingiiton starter  accessory 1 & 2    but if there was back feed voltage  how would this come to be?  if it worked all this time,  it blew the one 30 amp fuse  on the red line  but dod they give u a warrenty if u install it urself?    there isnt a wireing problem  or it should have shorted out  at the first time right?  also relays are brand new too

comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
would the cold have something to do with it? he tried to start it this morning when it was cold to see how it would do  minus 16 it was  cuz  after a week of testing it shouldnt have blown  if it was bad wiring  which  i know i didnt do bad wiring
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
i also read  about  cold weather mode  i didnt have it in cold weather mode does that burn out the computer also?????
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic