icon

Best way to add sensors to Viper 791XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Atl_monte 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have an Viper 791XV was wondering whats the best way to add on extra sensors currently I have a tilt sensor, and a back up battery, both of which  are daisy-chained off of some instant trigger(I didn't install the alarm just keep finding myself redoing certain parts of it), but I jsut found the little plug that plugs into the satelite relay bank and was told this is the harness used for correctly adding on sensors...I need some professional opinions, should I leave it the way it is(which I assume is working) or redo it and run them off of this harness, if I do decide to run them off of this harness how do I do so?
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
the little 4 pin plug that plugs into the satellite relay pack is not for adding extra sensors. The 4 wires on that plug are all low current negative outputs. They are status output, 2nd accessory, 3rd ignition and 2nd starter. They are designed to drive relays.
If you want to add extra sensors I would use the wires on the plug that came with your shock sensor. Just use diodes to isolate each sensor to prevent a false trigger. The two you have are correctly hooked up; they should provide a ground signal to the instant trigger wire in the event thata)the battery is disconnected or b)the vehicle is tilted.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
Atl_monte 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
Its to drive relays that might help on another project I was trying to do, I wanted to add a push button start to my car, but wanted it to only beable to work if the alarm has been disarmed....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic