icon

05 PT Cruiser keyless entry upgrade probs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
techfiftyfive 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
For some reason, after a few minutes of being idle the alarm doesnt work anymore. The cruiser has a factory keyless entry system, but no factory alarm. I got the lock switch wire in the drivers kick, and the lock/unlock motor wires somewhat underneath the driver seat. If I start the car and then plug in the main harness for the alarm, then turn the vehicle off, use the factory remote to arm the alarm, it works fine. But when I wait a couple minutes or so to shut the alarm off, and then try to arm it again, it stops working. Seems like there's a voltage drop after a certain amount of time. Can anyone confirm this?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
How did you use a switch wire on a resisted value lock wire? The disarm defeat wire should be pink/black, drivers side next to the seat. It's the unlock motor leg for the rear door. The arm and disarm wires should be from the drivers door harness.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
techfiftyfive 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Well... Let me try to explain it again. I must've typed something wrong...

The car doesnt have factory security, and what I meant when I said "used the factory remote to arm the alarm" the alarm meaning the keyless entry upgrade system I was installing. It seems there's like a voltage drop of some sort with this car. It'll work fine the first couple minutes of plugging the main harness in, but after a couple minutes, or if you drive the vehicle down the street, it'll stop working.

OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
where did u grab power and ground for the KE unit?
techfiftyfive 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

Constant 12v at the ignition harness (Just flap down the front lower dash panel, I think it was Pink/Black) and for ground I tapped into the chassi's. A co-worker also asked me about this, and he said I should try grabbing 12v at the battery itself, but it got too dark to do anything.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

techfiftyfive wrote:
For some reason, after a few minutes of being idle the alarm doesnt work anymore. The cruiser has a factory keyless entry system, but no factory alarm. I got the lock switch wire in the drivers kick, and the lock/unlock motor wires somewhat underneath the driver seat. If I start the car and then plug in the main harness for the alarm, then turn the vehicle off, use the factory remote to arm the alarm, it works fine. But when I wait a couple minutes or so to shut the alarm off, and then try to arm it again, it stops working. Seems like there's a voltage drop after a certain amount of time. Can anyone confirm this?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What is the Alarm you installed?

Is the Alarm you installed actually loosing Power?  Or are you assuming this, because the Doors do NOT Lock / Unlock?  Is there a Satus LED?  Is there a Siren or Chirps

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic