icon

LED help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
90CiViCSiR 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
My wife's alarm system only supports 1 led and i want to add more....what are my options and how can i do it. I tried hooking them up in series and parrallel and neither worked....i was thinking of using a resistor and hooking them straight to +, -, and an ign. that would lose power when turned on with some sort of flasher in line on the +, or - i guess. I don't know, HELP!?!
90CiViCSiR
Derek 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
DEI has some neat LED add-on's available. Go to your nearest alarm outlet that offers any DEI (Viper) systems and they should be able to set you up.
Robdude30 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

Radio Shack used to sell a 12 volt flashing LED that might work for you if you don't find something that will interface with your system.

demeanor 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
if you try taking the propper value of resistor, per corresponding LED and run them in parallel, you shouldn't have a problem.  most LED's that come with an alarm system, are already 12v rated.  they won't do you any good in this predicament, because they already consume the power supplied.  radioshack has a wide variety of LEDs that run less than 12v.  i have 5 LEDs running out of the alarm's LED output.
It's better to ask a "STUPID" question...than to know a "STUPID" answer. :-)
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

you could use the "ground when armed" wire and a 12v flashing LED. One side to 12v and the other to the GWA wire.

Personnly i think, more than one (or one on each door is cool) then your really trying to hide something....JMHO

Viper Equipped
90CiViCSiR 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Yea I have 30 3.7V led's, and i just want a few of them in her car.....I have 4 in my civic and it works fine, but her alarm doesn't like it for some reason.....so I already have the led's and they are 4000mcd from a secret source ;) I just want something to flash them....that's all, there has got to be something that'll do it, i will use that GWA source thanks! LET ME KNOW WHAT WILL FLASH THEM!! THANKS!
90CiViCSiR

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic