icon

Python and an F150 SuperCrew....

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Robdude30 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

I had my alarm installed yesterday and have a concern about the way my door locks are working. The truck is an '01 F150 SuperCrew with factory keyless entry and no factory alarm. The new alarm/starter is a Python 880XP.

When the alarm is dis-armed or when the ignition controlled unlock feature is activated, the doors unlock, the dome light comes on, the factory door chime dings once (like the door has been opened and then closed again),  the dome light goes off, and I get another unlock (all of this happens in about 2 or 3 seconds).

I am guessing that one of the wires(for the new alarm) needs to be diode isolated from the factory wiring. It seems that the factory door switch is seeing a pulse which causes this mis-operation.

Any thoughts or possible causes for my problem would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't been back to the install shop, but I will be checking with them soon. I  just want to be informed when I go to talk to them.

Derek 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

I've done alot of F-150's and interestingly, never ran into this problem, yet I never put in a PYTHON? either. But, it does sound like you may have the DOUBLE UNLOCK pulse active. hmmmmmm?

Robdude30 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

The double unlock sounds possible. I may have a combination of things going on. I do know that something weird is going on with my door switch, too. Before the alarm install, I could operate the power windows after the ignition had been turned off and before a door was opened (factory feature of the Fords). Now I can't. I am assuming that the truck "thinks" that a door has been opened and then closed (hence the domelight turning on then off and the chime sounding once).

Thanks!

webguy 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

Try disconnecting the (-) trigger input going into the Viper and see if that cures the problem. If it does, it could be the factory alarm is sensing a ground feedback from the Viper's trigger lead. You may have to isolate the pin switch with diodes, and possibly a relay.

Just a thought.......

Clean tools = Clean work!
Robdude30 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  

I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
Just take it back to the shop you had it installed at, I wouldn't touch anything until you have exhausted their abilities and your patience.  They might not tfix it under warranty if you have played around with it before taking it to them. Tell them everything you just told us and they will be able to check what programming options they set and will be able to diagnose the problem much better since they installed it.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
webguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

J. Rila is right. Let them deal with it, but "diplomatically" suggest the trigger wire, if they have problems and can't work through it.

Just A Thought.....

Robdude30 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, that is exactly what I did. I would not touch it anyway since they did the install. I just wanted a little info from you guys before I went back.

It turns out that he was using a double unlock to wake the GEM and unlock the doors on dis-arm and that one of the connections he had made to the door switch was not necessary. He also had to do something with the domelight supervision circuit (not sure what exactly).

Anyhow, I'm not sure exactly what all he did to fix it, but now it works perfectly. This is one AWESOME alarm/remote start! 

Thanks for all of your help!!

webguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like they knew what they were doing. Great and glad to hear it all worked out.
Robdude30 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  

They really did a great job. I'm very happy with the install and the product.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic