icon

Need an Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Derrik 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

I need to buy an 500 watts mono block amp. And really like the JL 500/1 amp but that thing cost $599. Just wondering if anyone can get it cheaper, pls let me know where i can it. If not, what other amps I should take into consideration?

<<I'm using the amp for the  10" W7 - which 3 ohm load.

Thanks

beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

go rockford. they are expensive but worth it. dont get me wrong i love JL, i have 3 10's, but i have a rockford power plant, litteraly. if you are looking to power a w-6 i would say your best bet is something like the rockford 500bd or even the punch 400s. here's the specs on the amps i would suggest:

rockford punch 400s  - 2 ch, 400W rms x 1 @ 4 ohms retail $369

rockford power 500bd - mono block 600w rms x 1 @ 2 ohms, rerail $549

or if you want something REALLY powerful,

rockford 1000.1bd - mono block 1000+ w rms @ 2 ohms ( i was looking at this amp awhile ago, and they showed me the birth certificate for it, it was rated it 1167 watts rms.) retails for $849 if you goto www.onlinecarstereo.com , you can find the 400s for $219, the 500bd for $349, or the 1000bd for $499.

now call me stupid. although i respect the jl 500/1, i would MUCH rather get myself an rockford 1100 watt rms amp for less money than the jl

check it out for yourself https://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/product.asp?sku=12451

sorry i got carried away, hope i helped

crroush 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

Go Cadence, much cleaner, and more bang for your buck! :)

Craig

www.cadencesound.com

beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

ya maybe if you WEREN'T just promiting your product.

wanna talk bang for buck? tell me if you think paying $500 for an amp that rates over 1100 watts, RMS isn't bang for the buck.

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
If you go shop around locally you can probably get it for around $ 400. Just be sure that you explain to them that you are ready to buy and will either take it or walk depending on their price and then work off that. But if you go in there be ready to buy. They don’t like to negotiate if they feel your not going to buy from them so let them know up front.   
asdf1234 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

I owuld recommand JL 500/1 for JL aubs.  The amps are made for the subs.  But if you dont go rockford they have good amp.  Oh amd PPI makes some great amps

Derrik 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

Those prices are cheap on that website but are they reliable? JL will void all warranty if buy it from Internet.

This from JL:

With e-commerce expanding like wildfire, we get many requests asking if JL AUDIO products are available for purchase via the Internet. The short answer is yes, but these Internet retailers are not authorized, endorsed or guaranteed by JL AUDIO.

As a company, we put a tremendous amount of effort into training our authorized dealers to provide you, the end-user, with valuable advice and installation expertise. With automotive speaker systems, the importance of quality system design and installation is paramount. For that reason, we do not believe that Internet retailers can provide the level of service we feel our customers deserve and we do NOT authorize any dealer to sell product via Internet or Mail Order.

JL AUDIO products purchased from unauthorized sources carry no warranty from JL AUDIO, regardless of any claims made by the seller. We have no way of determining whether these products are used, refurbished, counterfeit, stolen or otherwise compromised. Furthermore, many unscrupulous retailers attempt to remove factory serial numbers in order to avoid detection. In the process, the speaker's ability to reliably reproduce sound is often destroyed.

As a customer, you should value the opportunity to audition products and receive face-to-face service from people who will be there for you after the sale. For that reason, we encourage you to support your local, authorized bricks and mortar JL AUDIO retailer. They have made a commitment to personal service and selection that no Internet retailer can match.

====================

Audio2k 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2002 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Fosgate totally BLOWS!  If you want a nice clean amp for decent money go audiobahn...800 watt mono block @ 1 ohm...at 3 it does like 400.
Pushing The LiMiTz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic