the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

clifford maxtrix 2.5x, 97 civic, rewire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
datflip 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

I current have a clifford maxtrix 2.5x alarm installed in my 97 civic. I plan on pulling my dash to clean some stuff up behind it. I also wanted to hide the alarm wiring and and move the brain/relays because  best buy  did a messy install.  I know Best Buy advertises a LIFETIME workmenship warranty on there installs. The alarm was installed over 2 years ago. The alarm worked fine and I didn't think nothing of it to check on the installation. I really didn't notice the mess till I did my motor swap a few months ago and I was trying to find an illuminaton wire for my aftermarket gauges.  I know if I took it back to Best Buy they would not take the time to rewire it the way I want.  I am going for a stealthy install.  I am fairly competant about the rewiring. I have done my share of wiring. I am just not that farmiliar with alarms. So would there be any problems if I cut and extended/reroute wires with the battery disconnected for a long period of time? The alarm does have a back up battery installed already.  I was also wanting to add a proximity and tilt sensor.  Will the alarm reset it's self when the battery gets reconnected?  It should just work normally when everything gets reconnected right?  Do I need to reprogram anything afterwords?  And if I do add the other 2 sensors would I have to reprogram it?  Thanks in advance.

JMaxx93 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

You wont have to reset anything.  however it may to harder than you think to clean it up.

datflip 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
JMaxx93 wrote:

however it may to harder than you think to clean it up.

I kinda knew that.  Thats why I would rather do it than someone else.  Now how would I add a tilt sensor to the alarm?

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
What you mean a best buy installer did a messy job?    YEah I've seen and fixed more than my fair share of those.    To answer your question, first what brand/model are the sensors you want to add to the system?
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
strip the alarm out all together to start. not where the connections are then start prepping that harness as if starting a fresh install.. use plenty of tape.
additional sensors will work but i'm not sure if you have spare ports if you don't you can wire the triggers into teh existing dual stage shock. just power them seperate
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
strip the alarm out all together to start. not where the connections are then start prepping that harness as if starting a fresh install.. use plenty of tape.
additional sensors will work but i'm not sure if you have spare ports if you don't you can wire the triggers into teh existing dual stage shock. just power them seperate
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
datflip 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

cntrylvr79 wrote:
What you mean a best buy installer did a messy job?    YEah I've seen and fixed more than my fair share of those.    To answer your question, first what brand/model are the sensors you want to add to the system?

Messy meaning wires running across my fuse panel, relays just hanging, the alarm brain tucked behind the carpet and all the wires exposed.  I wanted to add a DEI 507T tilt sensor.  The installer never gave me the orginal wiring diagram for the Matrix 2.5x so I am going off of the Matrix rsx 3.5 that is available on the net, so I don't know if I have an additional or spare ports to hook the additonal sensor.  The only other sensor is a mercury switch on the hood because the installer said he couldn't get a pin switch to work for the hood.  I kind of want to get rid of the mercury switch and try and istall a pin switch under there.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
The tilt sensor you can tie into the wires for the shock sensor with out much of an issue.  As for the mercury switch you might want to leave that over the pin switch.  I've seen several hundred pinswitches rot out and then you can open the hood without setting of the alarm.  If you want to replace it I'd suggest a magnetic switch.  MOre reliable than either and easy to install.  I might have the wiring diagram for the 2.5x around here somewhere, I'll let you know 2morrow after I get off work.  Later. 
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well looks like the wiring for the 12 pin harness for the 2.5x and the 3.5x are the same so you should be ok as far as that goes.
datflip 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

cntrylvr79 wrote:
Well looks like the wiring for the 12 pin harness for the 2.5x and the 3.5x are the same so you should be ok as far as that goes.

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic