icon

2004 Jeep Liberty Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Also have you checked the status output from your RS? Do you feel the bypass click when you activate the RS. From symptoms you explained above sounds like maybe the status output may be at ground all the time, or the bypass is defective. That would explain it RS fine but not with the key. And the key working fine with the bypass unplugged or key removed. Either way I would still tag the keysense on vehicles that only need to see the code while cranking. I still have a few customers that leave their keys in the ign. when they RS their vehicles. Without a keysense shut down these customers would be **** out luck.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Yes you need to put your hand on the 556u and feel the relay inside click on and off when you remote start. It sounds like you have the blue wire hooked up incorrectly, or isn't fuctioning right...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

I DID NOT hook up the pink, violet, or green wires from the 556UW.  I guess my next try is going to be to hook up the green wire from the 556U to the vehicles keysense wire.  I did the following with the blue status wire.  The 457CW data bus interface has a blue status wire as well. So I hooked the status wires from 556U, 457CW, and spliced both of them into the 4 pin harness coming off of the Viper 160. This 4 pin harness has blue, violet, orange, and I think another color but I cant remember which. So I have 2 blue wires going into the Viper 160 status wire. Think that would have anything to do with it????  Another thought I had overnight was that the 457CW has a main harness, plus it has a seperate small harness with 2 pink wires, and a brown wire. This seperate harness according to the instructions is to be used for Jeep Liberty only. The wires do the following

Pink - goes to lock/unlock in the vehicle (Mopars have 1 wire lock/unlock wire)

pink/white - Goes to Factory Alarm disarm wire

Brown - Goes to drivers side door trigger wire.

I only hooked up the pink wire. No problem with locks/doorlocks.  I did not hook up the other 2 wires. It only says to hook them up if the vehicle has a factory security system. Would hooking those 2 wires up, or not hooking them up have anything to do with the sentry key system???? 

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
Nope, there's reason the 556U is staying on and it isn't because of the green pink or violet wires. If you hooked the blue wire from the 457C up to the status wire, that's wrong! It should be blue/white from the 457C, the blue from the 556U both going to the blue on the alarm....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
wrxsti161 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
yes blue/white is what I hooked up from 457CW. sorry. I forgot it had a white stripe. solid blue coming off the 457CW I believe is  (-) unlock.  Maybe its where I tied in the 12 volt constant from the 556U.  I normally dont make 100 different 12volt constant connections at the ignition harness. I normally wire bypass/data bus interface red wires into the main thick gauge red wire coming off of the alarm. 
wrxsti161 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

so if I goto remote start the car with my hand on the 556U listening for it to click over, and the car starts no problem, but I dont hear a click this is because the by-pass is staying on????? 

I have been installing alarm/remote start systems for about a year now. This may seem like a really stupid question, but it will help me understand, what exactly does the status wire do??? Does it  turn the bypass on when the remote start is triggered?????

wrxsti161 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
This is starting to make sense now if the 556U is staying on. meaning the car is constantly reading the key in the 556U.  So if I put another key in the igniton just to start it, its getting confused. I really am hoping its something stupid like that. I will just try another 556U. Maybe its defective, or maybe I shorted it while installating. 
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Did you split the blue status output with diodes? Its probably backfeeding from the 457c keeping the 556u on. That should fix your problem.
wrxsti161 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
holy crap JWORM. your right. I am going to try that when I get to work. I never thought about that.  I DO KNOW for a fact that when I was unplugging/plugging the main harness on the 457CW, the 556U would click over each time I plug it, and unplugged it.  I thought that was a little strange!!!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

welcome to the world of DEI.....status output, I never could really understand why they didn't call it what it is...ground out while remote started, or running.

What is "status output" is a real GOOD question....

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic