icon

96 Honda Accord Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
onesicks10 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Hi there, I installed a BOA remote starter w/keyless entry (model 265B) in a friends 96 Honda Accord and Im having no luck with it.  This was my first remote starter install and I only attempted it because they claimed it was an EASY install.  Im not a beginner, the only thing is the power door locks got me all confused because when I was testing the door lock switch it wasn't matching up to any of the 8 examples i had unless I was testing it wrong.  Before I go any further let me just say there are 2 harness with this system 1 for the door locks and the other for the starter.  I got the starter hooked up, and left the door lock harness unplugged.  According to the manual I synchronized the remote the correct way, the parking lights flashed twice when i held the PROG button and according to the manual thats ALL you have to do to synchronize the remote.  But when i press the start button it didnt do ANYTHING. When I tested the Door lock switch there were3 wires, 2 black and 1 orange. both black wires test @ 4.9V and fluctuated up to 9V when the door lock was switched to lock or unlock 1 wire did it for unlock, the other for lock. The BOA website says to tap into the BLACK/ white and blue/white .. i couldnt find either of these wires, and the only black with a white stripe wire i found never had voltage when i tested it. Any help is appreciated. Is it possible the remote starter wont work unless the door lock harness it connected? This car does not have a factory alarm or keyless entry.

12volts                            white (50A)                          +   ignition harness

Starter                             BLACK/ white                         +   ignition harness
Second Starter             N/A      
Ignition                           BLACK / YELLOW                        +   ignition harness
Second Ignition            N/A      
Third Ignition                N/A      
Accessory                     yellow                                    +   ignition harness
Second Accessory     WHITE/ black (not required)   +   ignition harness
Keysense                     blue/white                              -   ignition harness
Power Lock                  BLACK/ white                           -   gry conn. above fuse box in blu tape
Power Unlock              orange                                   -   gry conn. above fuse box in blu tape
Lock Motor                   WHITE/ red                            5wi  keyless module under driver seat
Unlock Motor               yellow                                 5wi  keyless module under driver seat
Parking Lights  +           RED / black                              +   blue plug fuse box
Notes for this item : Also a male blade terminal is available in the fusebox DKP.
Parking Lights  -           N/A      
Hazards  same as turn signal wires      
Turn Signal(L)              GREEN/ blue   +   steering column
Turn Signal(R)              GREEN/ YELLOW   +   steering column
Reverse Light               GREEN/ black   +   driver kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger                 BLACK/ white   -   gray plug right of column
Dome Supervision       use door trigger wire      
Trunk/Hatch Pin                 orange   -   gray plug right of column
Hood Pin                          yellow/red   -   security ctrl unit under driver seat
Trunk/Hatch Release           N/A      
Power Sliding Door              N/A      
Factory Alarm Arm              factory remote only      
Factory Alarm Disarm       factory remote only      
Disarm No Unlock            factory remote only      
Tachometer                           blue          ac       distributor
Wait to start                           N/A      
Brake Wire                           GREEN / WHITE                      +   brake pedal switch
Parking Brake                  GREEN/ red or GREEN / WHITE   -   parking brake switch
Horn Trigger                    blu/red or grn/blu                   -   steering column
Memory Seat 1  N/A      
Memory Seat 2  N/A      
Memory Seat 3  N/A      

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
the BLACK/ white and orange wires should be in the grey connector above the fusebox, if this helps it usually has blue tape around the harness
onesicks10 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, I posted about this recently I quick question maybe its a typo but on a 96 Honda Accord (A/T, no factory alarm)there are 2 wires i need to tap into for the door locks (on a remote starter). 1 being the orange wire which i found in the loom wrapped in blue tape near the fuse panel and the other says its a BLACK/ white wire.  Now i always thought this was interpreted as a black wire with a white stripe.  The only wire i can see thats even CLOSE to that is a white wire, with a black stripe. Am I looking in the wrong spot there are NO other looms with blue tape on them. Perhaps i should trace the wires closer to the door?

Thanks in advance, you guys are a great help!

onesicks10 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2005 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

Nevermind.. I Found it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic