icon

2002 Chevy truck door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
munchichee 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so i've searched abroad and found several different answers about the door trigger in a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 V6.
I've found diagrams that say:
"Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, and for the passenger door it will be a orange in pin B2 in the purple plug or dk.blue/white in pin B11 of the lt.blue plug, must diode isolate these wires."
and then another one says:
"door trigger - gry/blk(L),blk/wht(R} - each door module in door - *3 - On base model trucks the door trigger wires are in the lt. blue plug at the BCM. "
another says:
"Door Trigger - Tan DR.(-) Light Blue Passenger's Module below Steering Column"
blah blah blah....So is it the lt. blue plug or purple plug at the BCM? or a tan wire? there isn't any wire in the blue plug at B4 in this truck, and no gry/black wires in the BCM plugs either.
Can someone please tell me what the real deal is on this vehicle's door trigger? Do you really have to go inside each door module?
Much thanks in advance!
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, and for the passenger door it will be a orange in pin B2 in the purple plug or dk.blue/white in pin B11 of the lt.blue plug, must diode isolate these wires.

The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle. The parking lights are in pin A5 and the headlights are in pin A11.

this is the right diagram......

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
anickle 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
not to sound rude...  why don't you check those wires with a dmm.  Tech sheets are really only guidelines as you can see by the 3 or 4 different sheets you got with different answers on them
andrew nickle
munchichee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
yeah a dmm is useful but i quit installing years ago and just doing this as a favor for a friend and you know how tools seem to dissapear anyway -
the prob was i didn't see any of the suggested wires in the BCM at those locations and i kept finding the diagrams saying gry/black inside the doors...so with no door pinswitch or definite wire color, it's no fun testing tons of wires while upside down and opening/closing the door by urself. It's cold as heck outside too!
I think redpeppers is right cause what i had found said the blue plug...not the purple...so i'll go check that. Thanks bro.
Also all this business about ev1 needing modules for the door locks - but i just tapped str8 in the lt. blue/ white wires just like some of the previous year models. No 5 wire nada...i guess just base models.
oh and exactly what diodes do I need?
Thanks a bunch for updating me on all this newer stuff!
redpeppers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  

low wattage.....

also

for the passenger door it will be a orange in pin B2 in the purple plug or dk.blue/white in pin B11 of the lt.blue plug,

i have found that most of these trucks use the dk/blue and not the orange.

munchichee 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
thanks...chevy trucks used to be sooooo easy!
what bout the door locks...i was thinking i needed to use 5-wire but they work just fine tapped straight in from alarm. Is that right for this yr model or will it cause probs later?
redpeppers 
Posted: December 19, 2005 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
no that will not cause any problems...let know if u need any more help?  i just did one of these trucks like 2 days ago.....if ur doing remote start....get the tach wire is the hardest.....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic