icon

97 Mercedes C280, Viper 560xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hideo namigata 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

Well, i am confused with the relay diagram in the door lock on the left in the car security................I see the relay diagarms in there.

So, All I have to do is to take the both lock(-) and unlock(-) wires from the car connected to the viper brain without relays or 451M, I just want to make sure that I will not short anyting.

Thanks for your advise, guys

97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
you can wire up that 451m to work with negative pulse door locks.  although the brain comes with the features of locking and unlocking without the use of the 451, in some cases it needs the relay.  if, in your case, the wiring diagram calls for the 451, I would use it.  theres nothing to wiring it up and making it work, just three wires.
hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys, I am trying to install viper 560XV in my mercedes C280(W202), 1997 and I have been checking whether or not to connect all four doors to the brain or not.

I have found one such connection in the bulldog site and the diagram showing

all connecting with diodes with each connection, is this right ? my door pin switch is negatives and when each door opens, the dome lights up.

I am not professional and I need exact diagram, please help.

Thank you so much for your help!!

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
MERCEDES BENZ, C 280, 1997, Door Trigger
Brn/gry at pass. front pin catches both front doors. Brn/gry/yel picks up rear doors. Also found as BROWN / pink at pin.
close
hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the diagram showing colours of wires for the door pins, what I am not sure about is how to connect these wires to the brain(primary harness(H1).                 

The input wire of the brain is GREEN for the minus door trigger, How do I connect this wire to the wires from the door trigger wires from the car ? no diodes or should I put one for each wire coming from the pin switch to this green wire?

Should i solder each diode to each wire of the door pin before connecting to the green wire?

I do appreciate for your great help, thanks

nuugen 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
You should solder a diode to each door pin wire, with the band side facing the door pin..Connect the green wire to the other side (non-band) of both diodes...
Cary
German Auto Pros
hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

nuugen, thanks for your direction.

I just absolutely make sure what I am doing right or not, so the diagram for connecting each diode looks like this ?

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/17044_C-280_(-)%20NEGATIVE%20DOOR%20PIN%20ISOLATION%20CIRCUIT.pdf

Again, appreciated so much for your help

hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys, I am installing the viper 560xv in my Mercedes C280(W202),1997 and I got stuck with the selection of wether to switch from negative to positive for the wire that goes to H 1/2 in the main harness of 12 pins(Viper brain).

I have no idea if the parking light circuit that draws 10 amps or more, if more then I should switch to negative. I have recently changed the head light unit from halogen light unit to xenon head lamp unit that requires more than 10amps fuse so I changed the fuse from original 7.5 amps to 15 amps.

Does changing the fuses from 7.5amps to 15 amps affect this light circuit that draws more than 10 amps? if so, I should chnage the internal jumper to (-) light flash ?

I am confused, any help will be greatly appreciated.

wishboneattack 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
One thing that concerns me is the fact you switched the 7.5 to 15. Are you still using the original headlamp switch to turn on the xenon headlamps? It would appear so if you had to up the amperage of the fuse. It would have been ideal to use a relay to supply the power to the new headlights and use the switch to turn the relay on. As for the viper I would use a relay and negative trigger to be safe since you are unsure of the draw on the circuit.
I may be lost but I am making good time.
hideo namigata 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys, it sounds like safe to use the relay. what type of relay diagram should I use ? I checked the "Light flash" on the left under car security and found couple of wiring diagram.

Should i use this BASIC LIGHT FLASH, that is 87&85=fused 12v+ and 86 to (-)alarm light flash output, 30=positive parking lamp wire(at the light switch)  Or TWO WIRE LIGHT FLASH DIAGRAM??

My head lamp wire shows positive(+), checked with DMM

As for the headlamp(HID), I just changed from halogen to exnon(Bosch oem) head lamp unit(not just the bulb, complete assembly) and no relay. so far it is working

Thank you again for your professional advise

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic