Problem with 556H(W) on 03 Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spooken 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys,

I posted something similar earlier, but I reckon this is entirely different problem. Anyway, I connected everything according to the 556H's manual @ DEI 556H(W) Manual - See page 2 - 03 Honda Accord with orange & ORANGE / black wires not connected to anything.

Problem:

With key in ignition at ON position, the LED on the bypass module flashed rapidly. In the troubleshooting section of the manual it says that module programmed, but not activated by input. What does "not activated by input" mean?

What's worse is that when I tried to do remote start, it cranks, but the engine doesn't want to start. My guess is that the spark plugs ignite, but there's no fuel to burn. But I'm no expert in this, so I'm not really sure.

What I've done so far:

I tried remote starting without any cables from the bypass module connected to the car, but have my key in ignition, it'd start flawlessly.

Confused about:

1. Green (reference) cable of the bypass module. What am I supposed to do with this cable? The manual is a little vague as it shows dotted line to the ECM

2. From what I read, I only need to connect (-) polarity of the transporder response pin from my remote start brain unit, right? Do I need to connect the (+) polarity to anything?

My apologies if I ask too many questions at one time. I hope to finish this as soon as possible. This is taking way too long.

Thanks a lot in advance.

- Dominic

spooken 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone can help, please?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

the green connects to pin 1 on the 7 pin connector which should be a BROWN / yellow wire....

i dont understand what you are trying to say in point 2, about polarity of "response pin" but i am reading the instructions that come with the 556H right in front of me and they seem fairly self explanatory..... did you hook up the Blue/white to the GWR from your RS unit?

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
spooken 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

kgerry,

thanks for the reply. What I didn't get is that green cable from the bypass module connects to BROWN / yellow cable of the ignition. I got that so far, but the installation diagram is not so clear if I've to cut the pin 1 of the 7-pin connector and connect it to JUST the bypass module? or I just need to splice up some opening on BROWN / yellow cable and hook up the green cable from the bypass module?

About my (2) confusion. Well I'm just a little confused if the bypass module will just work if it just hooks up to only 1 of the transponder output cable from the brain.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'll go with Kevin....
The Ground pulse is pin 1 of the immobilizer module of the car. On the Accord, it happens to be a BROWN / yellow. You need not cut it.... just attatch the module's green wire to it. Now, from a point of deduction, and reasoning, if Pin1 of the immobilizer module is the BROWN / yellow, then pin 2 would be right next to it, and so forth. Working your way from the outside in, 1 through 7. Ignition is BLACK / YELLOW, data is pin 2. The color of the data wire varies on model/sometimes year, but the data wire is always in pin 2 of that immobilizer system.
Happy Festivus
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

there is a 7 pin connector on top of the ign switch which houses the transponder wires...YES?   Pin 1 of this connector should be a BROWN / yellow wire? yes?   connect the green wire from the 556H to this wire.... strip the BROWN / yellow wire back a little and solder the green wire to this wire... thats all, dont cut it... just make a connection to it....

i still dont really understand what you are asking in Q2, and get the feeling that English is not your first language, so maybe i'm missing something in the translation...the yellow and yellow/black which are the data out BOTH connect to the Pin 2 wire (RED / Blue) of the 7 pin connector already mentioned...

you DO cut the ign wire on Pin 6  of the 7 Pin connector which should be a BLACK / YELLOW on the 03 Accord and you solder the pink/black to the connector side and the pink to the ECM side... the only other wires are the GWR, 12 Volt power and Ground....   all this i am getting by simply reading the instructions that come with the unit.... probably the same sheet you have in front of you.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Lead a horse to water....
Gus
spooken 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot for the instructions, Kevin & Gus. Well I did try all the above. I think the bypass module itself may be faulty. I followed everything the instruction manual says, but @ step 7 it either flashes rapidly or the programming LED doesn't light up at all. One mistake I made was that I did cut the BROWN / yellow wire thinking that's what the dotted line means, but I soldered it back and everything still works fine.

I'm pretty pissed that I spent quite some time on this and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have problems with 556H? I'm thinking of getting PKH3 from bypasskit.com, it seems that their bypass module doesn't need as many connections as DEI's 556H. Any thoughts?

spooken 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  

Btw, don't mind about my question (2) in my first post. I think I figured it out already.

Thanks

-Dominic

gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
Try learning it with a different key.
To date, I think we have gone through at least a couple dozen of these units, and have yet to hit a faulty one.
Gus
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic