icon

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
playr747 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
No please ... not a another Mustang.....Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 5 -- posted image.
You have to start somewhere..
97blackrodeo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Dude im sorry, Im gonna have to take my pm back. I dont see this ending any other way than in catastrophe. Not to mention Im not sure where you gathered your research from, but its flat out wrong when it comes to design, fabricating and production. I learned the same way you are-by doing it, but I learned completely different methods. Sorry I cant help you out, buy I dont want my name near this project. Not slamming your project or nothing, so dont take it the wrong way. Keep the progress pics coming.
total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

Wow I cant believe I am getting so much slack for putting in so much work. To a point that ppl won't even help me. =[  Every one of us started out as a first timer one time or another and learned along the way. That is why I come to these forums to learn. Also I am sure as I have seen quite a few times in theses articles posted here that ppl always say its not that great but soon change thier tune when the sanding priming and paint is done. All I know Is I have put in lots of work on this and pretty well lost my back seat. I have made a one piece design as illustrated that spans from the floor across the entire back seat and up to the sub openings. that in itself was alot of work considering there are 3 layers on it. ( again not sanded primed and painted, I am sure almost all will agree that makes a huge difference.) floors done now in this pic 3 layers

(highlighted arears are fibreglad\ssed in both pics.)

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 5 -- posted image.

not to mention I am making 2 differnt boxes that will attach to this piece.

Also I have done my sub enclosures only 1 layer of fibreglass so far.

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 5 -- posted image.

Over  MDF, bondo, silicone, and 3 layers of ruberizer in the trunk so far. I titled this Man this is alot of work for a reason. I have put lots in. I didn't say it's perfect and am not claiming to be a pro. But I know for sure that is starting to come around. All projects look so so in thier begining stages. All I know is Im not a quitter. 10's can always be cut to 12's when the time arises also.

40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Nobody here was putting down your glasswork or building designs. Everybody was wondering about your choice in products and EVERYONE was wondering what the hell you were thinking with those wires. Don't give up, don't let it turn into the mustang, and don't blow your car up. That's my advice to you. I (personally speaking) would have saved up for either all the same size speakers or at least two really good speakers with a matching amp and just added on to that whenever you get more dinero. but, that's only my opinion.
jfunk06 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

Dude, you need to stop going into PepBoys with a credit card.  You got ever Neon & LCD acc. they have!  And btw, the hood scoop is hideous man.  I dont want to put you down, but, have you seen your car? 

As far as your set-up, its going to sound like garbage.  I dont know why everyone suggests buying new stuff, it wont sound good regardless.  The free-air design, not a good idea.  With 2 diffrent brands, horrible idea.  With two diffrent sizes, you must be drunk!

Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
I also have another question, or, more of an observation.  That the box for your 6x9s is put together better and stronger than the ones for your woofers.  IM confused, should it be the other way around? You come down to Baltimore, and ill do the whole set-up for you just because i feel bad.
Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

And one more thing, you dont need to have 4 amps in there for temporary.  If i was doing something temporary, i would hook the front two speakers to the head-unit.  Done, you want a sub, build a little box for your 10, attatch an amp to it, and run 8guage wire upfront.  No need to have all that other stuff man.  Even if it is easy to get out, its not needed, especially when you have so little in there.

Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Wow! someone is a postwhore. Dude, lay off of him; everyone needs to make some mistakes to learn. As far as I'm concerned he can dump whatever he wants into the car as long as:
1. he likes it.
2. he doesn't blow up city hall with it...wouldn't want hime to take out "jimcinati" Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 5 -- posted image.
You know, you can just as easily click the "edit" button.
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Lol, im sorry.  I just get alittle mad about kids that go to pep-boys and say their ride is comepletly custom.  You know?  But i do compliment the effort.  Just have to think, is this set-up really worth it?  It always helps to plan some things out BTW, make a few drawings.  Post it on here, so we can tell you if its good, or if its gonna be trash so you dont trun the local boat supply into a millionaire because of the resin purchases~! Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 5 -- posted image.
Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
TCalYen 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

darthness wrote:
thats what im thinking. although instead of installed, i would us ethe phrase "losely toss in" take all that crap out, and seperate all your wires, and install everything neatly. twist ties are your friend!

YO FELLAS... HE SAID IT WAS A TEMP JOB...!  Let him do what he wants to do without flamin' him. He just working with what he has obviously.  Let him be.

Post "progress" pics!

TCalYen
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic