icon

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jfunk06 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

I hate to hand it to you, it is looking a lot better than before.  The way you started is questionable, but if it ends up alright, then no harm done. 

Can you go over the setup again?  What is going in the box(seat box)?

Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
placid warrior wrote:

jfunk06 wrote:
I dont know about the cross man.  I dont know about up in God's country, but down in the states that whole look is WAY played out.  Thats just IMO.  If you like it do it.  But keep the arrows, if nothing else, for me!

Well being that its not a religious cross, does it make a difference..that cross is either a nazi medal type cross or west coast choppers type cross.  I've seen the cross thing done before and it looks pretty cool...also seen skulls and whatnot, so its up to u.

Thats not what i meant brother.  What i am saying is, around here, everybody has iron crosses, along with fake bullet holes, and O.C.C. stickers.  Just saying, IMO, too many people are using them to be cool anymore, feel me?

Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

I was thinking that also about the crosses thanks to your post actually and came up with a few new designs for the tail lights.. The box isnt a sub box, Its going to hold a secound battery, amps, capicitors, computer, power inverter, custom fusebox  I made for ALL the lighting and add on stuff . Made grounding plate right in the fusebox.,

Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 8 -- posted image.

The radio unit itself,   A 10 pack mp3 stacker. Main power distribution blocks and grounding plates, a toolbox with extra fuse ect for quick repairs.  4 6X9's were going to go in, but the magnets would mess with the computer. Gotta shield the computers box anyways.

I am making it so it can be upgraded along the way. the entire underneath section is FB'd right to the floor and will have racks ect made to hold everything.

What it does is get it all out of the trunk. (easier to steal there.)

40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

They sell Blade type fuse boxes(you know, the kind cars come with normally, i forget the leter, ATC maybe?)  Anyway, they make those, for cheap, like, 4bux for 4-6slots.  Could be a lot easier to use than the glass kind.  AND, you can carry all the same, instead of glass for the lights, and blades for the car.   Just a suggestion. 

Also, are you using relays for the lights?  I dont know how many you will have in a continuous circuit, but if it is too many, usuing a relay will take strain off of your switch, and let you run ultra thin wires for your switches, instead of needing a heavier gauge for more power!Man this is alot of work, First Fiberglass Project - Page 8 -- posted image.

Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
total_overkill wrote:

I was thinking that also about the crosses thanks to your post actually and came up with a few new designs for the tail lights..

I'm glad you picked up on that, because how popular they are, youlle do all of this custom work, and find a pair exactly the same for 20bux on the internet, or start seeing them on everyone else's car.  Now THAT, would piss me off!

Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
total_overkill 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
jfunk06 wrote:

They sell Blade type fuse boxes(you know, the kind cars come with normally, i forget the leter, ATC maybe?) 

Yeah Ive seen them.

http:///.com/dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=5855176256

But I was bored one night and made that. It works great actually. I can even tie one into ignition type events if I want ect. and add any type fuse (amp wise) I need for lighting anyways. The main fact is that it is fused though right.

40 grit has saved my life sometimes =[
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Hey bro glad to see it's coming along smoothly. I just came across another thing you might want to take into account (not flaming in anyway).
I shattered a 5.6" monitor once by having it too close to the subwoofer. I'm not sure what size computer monitor you're using (I think you mentioned 15" though) but it might be too fragile because it's not really meant for that much rattling. Just something to think about. I would hate for you to get it all finished and three to four months later you bust your monitor.
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
I was refering to a cheaper model, like, maybe 4-5dollars tops.  For your lights themselves, not with a digital blah blah blah display.  And please tell me the fuse box is a tupperwear with a smiley face lid! :)
Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
all those electornics into one box? fire hazard, here we come!
jfunk06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
It won't catch fire man, looks like hes got everything covered.
Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic