icon

Compustar 2w900fm, Chevy Colorado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amboguzzi 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

Long story short was given to me as gift. My brother thought I was able to install. I have never done anything like this but prob capable. Can not afford to pay for install qouted $150-225 and no one would warranty because it was purchased on ebay. Also, ebay dealer will not refund r/s. I have search the forums for info and have found some; however, I still have questions. Hope someone can help. I bought a DEI 555L-W interface.

1-Do I disconnect battery while I make connections?

2-Do I use door triggers if this unit is only remote start?

3-I can ignore the wire for 2nd starter, 2nd acc, or ing?

4-Status wire goes to 55l-w?

5-For unlock do both the unlock output and the 2nd pulse unlock output get connected to the same wire?

6-Rearm wire is stated to be connected to dome light cicuit but the polarity needs to be changed. According to Directwire wiring info the dome supervision is the same (-) as the rearm pulse. Is this the right connection?

7-Disarm wire where does this go?

Sorry for prob asking simple questions but I could not find answers thur seach and compustar wont help w/tech because I am not a dealer.

Thanks Scott

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

1 No   2 No    3 No   4 Yes   5 No second unlock is if you are doing drivers door priority.  6 There is NO way to control factory security, without using the factory trasmitter! 7 See # 6

Good Luck 

autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Do yourself a favor pay for a professional install. The couple hundred bucks may save you thousands of $ in the end.
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
On my colorado.I did same thing you want to .My first install,after reseaching for ever.I felt confident ,then once into it ,i though what am i doing.The STRESS,LIABILITY,LOSS OF MANY HOURS.I did it ,but almost gave up.Its worth leting it be someone else's problem.But i enjoy a good challenge,and i learned alot.Wires are hard to find in tight areas.I repect a every day installer.
colorado tap the rockies

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic