icon

remote start 2001 sport trac

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
strocket 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 2001 sport trac. i just installed the matrix 3.5 remote start from clifford and im having trouble programing the imobilizer. now im starting to think that i didnt wire the remote start up. when i have a key in the ignition and push the R.S. button it wont start nothing happens, i have to have the key in the run position for the remote start to start the truck. then i can take the key out and it still runs. should this be happening or should the remote start start the truck as long as the key is in the ignition. thanks for yalls help!!
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
With the key in the igniton it should start remotely.
Check your Accessory and Igniton wires--they may be crossed. It sounds like an Ignition wire is not getting power. Igniton wires are wires that show 12v+ when the key is in the run position AND while cranking the starter.
Get the R/S working right first and then tackle the bypass.
strocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

well i found a wiring chart on here and it says im supposed to have two ignition wires and two acc. wires. i only found 1 for both. what do i do when i dont have both?

strocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok hold on.... im looking in the book and it says to connect the orange wire to the accessory output..... then the pink to the ignition output.... and then the pink/white to the second ignition accessory output.... do i connect it to the ignition or the accessory?
natsys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Some Fords have 2 IGN wires that are the exact same color and the exact same function, and in fact, are tied together. Same for ACC. As long as you are tapped into one of them it should be enough. It sounds as if your Pink from the R/S is IGN, and Orange is ACC. The Pink/White wire may be programmable through a jumper or programming to function as either a 2nd IGN or 2nd ACC. Check the instructions for your particular R/S unit.
Double check the wires in the Sport trac with a multimeter. Sometimes the wiring charts can be wrong. Identify your IGN and ACC wires by setting the meter for DC volts. Put your black lead to ground and put the red lead to each of the thick wires in the key cylinder wiring plug. You should find one or more 12 volts + all the time. Others will show 12 volts when you turn the key forward, but when you crank the starter it will drop out. Thats your Accessory. Finally, any wire that shows 12 volts with the key in the run position and during cranking is Ignition. You have to hook up those correctly.
You will find at least one IGN and one ACC. If you find more than one of either, follow the specific instructions for the R/S unit on how to hook up and/or program a second IGN or ACC. Some vehicles will have a 3rd IGN or ACC, but I don't think a sport trac is one of them.
strocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
ok i got that working... now im trying to get the bypass to work
natsys 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Post some detail--someone will know what to advise.
Be sure it remote starts with the key in the igniton (but not turned at all) before proceeding.
strocket 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
it does start with the key in it.... at first it wouldnt but i fixed that problem. now im installing the dei 555f. for some reason it wont learn the code. i hooked the red wire up to the yellow constant on the ignition, and the blue up to the blue and white on my remote start. have any tips?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic