icon

Rear Fill?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
The Distortion 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2002 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

I have taken more things back yet again! haha! THEY SEE ME COMING AND RUN! Yet I think I have it down, except I'm not happy with the Infinity reference series, they crank almost to the point of being perfect for me, yet not enough,they will do for now.

what I am wondering is what to do about rear fill, I have yet to decide which is better, I am now going to run the 6 X9's (that I have not chosen yet)off of the decks power (50max?22rms?...probably12RMS)so wouldn't a 6X9 with a 20-20,000Hz frequency range be ideal for a rear fill speaker since it will have no high pass(bass blocker)? I found a audiobahn 6X9 that has a 20-20,000 range,and then I have this infinity reference series that is 54-26,000.

If I get the infinity's should I use a inline 85Hz bass blocker or somewwhere in that vicinity since I am crossing fronts over in that range?

or will I be better off going with the audiobahn which is a full range and adding no bass blockers?

this is it so far...

Kenwood Excelon X459 H/U, 2 Rockford Fosgate Power 350S amplifiers, Infinity Reference 605cs components, Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 Sub, 6X9REAR FILL SPEAKER IS A ?????:)

THANKS !!

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2002 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
You better off going with the Audiobahn it gives you a wider frequency range so you can adjust it to what sounds best.
The Distortion 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2002 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

THANKS!!!! 

Rear Fill? -- posted image.

D1g1tal V3n0m 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2002 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
I would not even waste my time or money on rear fill there partner. Just not needed unless you constantly have people in your back seat. Personally I would take the money you would spend on the 6x9s and put it into something else like upgrading subs/fronts/amp or something. But that is just my .02$
Rear fill really is not needed.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

If you want proper sound and imaging you need rear fill. There is a purpose why it’s called rear fill

The Distortion 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

I know in my case that rear fill greatly improves the sound in my car,and that is just from using the old paper cone factory 6 x 9's. I did not build kicks, yet rather installed very nicely made buildouts in doors which were not perfect as far as angling for to do so would have meant that I would have had to place some pretty funky angles in the door buildouts. So the front stage in my car is a little low. I noticed that when playing only the front speakers that the front stage sounded good, then by backing the fader toawrads the rear speakers the front stage literally came up off the ground and sounded NICE!!! ... and hopefully  this should sound better with some better rear fill speakers..so  rear fill is needed ,in my case anyway.

Thanks for the advise though!

I appreciate it!!

shrapmetal 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
if youve got the cash to blow you should consider sticking a set of components in those six by nine spaces. Shouldnt be too hard to  get some kind of adaptor. You definitely want the rear fill and it would suck to have your SQ drug down by your fill speakers. A system is only as good as it's weakest link.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
The Distortion 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2002 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

Agreed...I'm giving it some thought.

I think the weakest link in my system is the 20 gauge speaker wire I got from The Dollar General store and have running to my Sub....

Haha!! I'm kidding!Rear Fill? -- posted image.

D1g1tal V3n0m 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2002 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Look I am not even going to get into this topic and cause some argument about "rear fill" I have heard talked about and had quite a few discussions on the subject. The fact is it just depends on who you ask. I posted alot on CSi and we had alot of talk about rear fill and alot of arguments about it and in the end most people said that there is really no need. Alot of the competition set ups I have seen did not use rear fill but maybe that is just me. I still say that there is NO NEED for rear fill and would also like to site and example. Think about when your at a concert and where the music is coming from. It is not like a Home theater setup but oh well what would I know. Rear Fill? -- posted image.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2002 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

wow I'm not even gonna get into this argument about rear fillRear Fill? -- posted image..  I think it's really all just personal tastes and opinions--some people like to have the sound coming from all around them, some people like to have that perfect front soundstage.  Figure out which of these types you are and go with it.

But I will tell you that you really should get at least 14 gauge speaker wire for the sub!!!!!  12 gauge is better, but 14 gauge will suffice.  And make sure that you replace the wire inside the box, that goes from the sub's terminals to the box's terminals.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic