icon

99 Accord and Compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bob smith 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
I bought a Compustar 1W900FM-S for my 99 Honda Accord. A friend of mine is installing it and ran into a few weird things. Can you guys tell me what the numbers on the module mean? Its CM4200A-V.5D
autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
This is the 1 way 3000' range piece. The CM4200A-V.5D is just a remote starter for an automatic tranny.
bob smith 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thats what I/we thought, but the place we called said it was the brain for the alarm or alarm/starter combo.
Also, If someone has a shop and would be willing to answer a few questions about proper installation, Id really appreciate it if I could give a call to get the right info.
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  

bob smith wrote:
Thats what I/we thought, but the place we called said it was the brain for the alarm or alarm/starter combo.
Also, If someone has a shop and would be willing to answer a few questions about proper installation, Id really appreciate it if I could give a call to get the right info.

Compustar is to be sold and installed by an authorized dealer.  If u are unsure how to install it, you should take it to a dealer to have installed. 

South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
bob smith 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
My friend has installed a bunch of remote starts of different brands, but not a Compustar. I realize that they are supposed to be installed by a dealer and that I wont have the warranty. Thats fine. But I was hoping I would be able to get in contact with someone that could answer the few questions we have.
autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I have a shop but I do not encourage others to install RS on their own. Maybe your friend does know what he is doing but keep in mind if something does go wrong your on your own. I know many people like to save a few bucks but having a professional install could save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars. A professional shop is insured and can offer you a warranty.

I encourage people to support their local professionals. Without your business we could not be here to answer your questions.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic