icon

2000 windstar keyless unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rksterling 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a remote starter in a 2000 windstar and I can't find out how to pulse the drivers door to unlock by itself.  The following wires unlock/ lock all doors at the same time. 

Also is there any way of running the park lights without installing a relay and a 1.2 K resitor?

Thanks in advance!

Rksterling

• LOCK------------lt blue/orange--------20 pin plug at FEM module
  • UNLOCK--------lt GREEN/ YELLOW-------20 pin plug at FEM module
  • The FEM module is located under the drivers side of the dash on the firewall.

The keyless entry should be a (-) output trigger system already so all you have to do is to attach the keyless entry wires directly to the target wires above .

mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

if your trying to make it so that you unlock it and only the drivers door unlocks until you press the unlock button again, then you will need to five wire the drivers door lock actuator, and your unit that your installing will also have to have that second unlock output wire....

do yourself a favor and just connect the wires so that it unlocks all the doors at the same time.

rksterling 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks mobileworks,  I think I will take your advice and let them all unlock at once.

Still looking for infomation on parking lights.  I installed a relay on the green.black wire coming from the light switch and it does not seem to work with a 1 k resistor (didn't have a 1.2K). 

xtremca2003 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
Here is what DEI has listed to do. It has been awile since I ran into one of these setups. You will not need the resistor but will need the relays.
"When adding parking lights you must ground the BLACK/ green and interrupt the dk.blue/white and tan/white to avoid feedback to the headlights"
Here is a relay diagram that should work.
SPDT (single pull double throw relays)
Relay 1: 85 + park light input from alarm/starter
              86 opposite of what ever polarity is coming from 85. So if 85 is      + then 86 will need to be - to ground all time.
               87 will need to be ground
               30 will go to your (-) blk/grn and to terminal 85 on relay 2 and      3
Relay 2    85 will be - activation in from term 30 on relay 1
               86 will need to be + 12 volts(opposite of 85)
               87a will be one side of your dk blue with white
               30 will be other side of dk blue with white
               (cut dk.blue/white wire)
relay 3 85 will be - activation in from term 30 on relay 1
            86 will need to be + 12 volts (opposite of 85)
            87a will be one side of your tan with white
            30 will be the other side of your tan with white
            (cut tan/wht to go to each terminal)
You can do this with 2 relays if you have some diodes available to isolate the dk. blue/white from the tan/wht. Relay 1 is the only one with a connection to terminal 87. The other 2 will use 87a since 87a and 30 common when the relay is off (not activated)
Hope this works
Chris
rksterling 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

Wow 3 relays?

What I did was cut the BLACK/ Light green wire at the light switch and used a relay.  Hooked it up as follows;

Pin 85 to ground, Parking light wire from alarm (+) to pin 86, Switch side of BLACK/ Light green wire to pin 87a, other side to pin 30. I connected pin 87 to ground and it seems to work.  I read a post where they said to do the above connections but connect pin 87 to ground through a 1.2k resistor.  When I did this I did not get any park lights.

Should I be concerned about the feedback on the park lights?

Thanks,

Rick

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic