icon

2005 Freestar, Code Alarm CA545

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keith8898 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

OK I will try to make this as short as possible.  I have a 2005 Freestar with a code 545.  The headlight feature and the parking lamp feature are not hooked up.  The van has auto headlights so at night if you start the van remotely the headlights come on if the sensor deems it nec.  My question is...if i hook up these features do i need to install a diode so that there is no back feed if the sensor is calling for the headlights/parking lights as well as the code alarm.  Thank you all.

Keith2005 Freestar, Code Alarm CA545 - Page 2 -- posted image.

mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
The freestar has a complex park lite wire. Its the same as some older windstars. I have done about 3 of the Freestars and found that if you use the -trigger P/L everything works fine. Sorry i cant remember the wire color.
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
when he hooks up all of the stuff he left out.....including but not limited to the safety pin switch under the hood
OMG you should bring it some place else
keith8898 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

If this ends up a duplicate post Sorry!  I couldnt find the first one.

Ok...heres goes...first off sorry for the repeated posting on this system.  Hopefully you will excuse me and realize i am in need of help/advice.

Short recap:  I had a CA545/CA425 with a CL100 installed in my wifes 2005 Ford Freestar.  It was done by a installer that does most of the local Ford Dealerships.  It initially locked up and stopped working.  It also was only half connected and in effect disabled the factory alarm and I had no alarm features at all.  When it locked up i removed power from the brain and basically rebooted it.  (Advice from Folks Here)  I had to do this 3-4 times in the first week the alarm was installed.  I found from this forum that this was a problem with rev00 and was corrected in rev02. 

Brought that to their attention.  Owner of the shop said he never heard of it but the actual installer said "sure you have...remeber my friend Joe...blah blah blah......Anyway point was I asked him to put a rev02 in. I dont believe he did.

Ultimately they hooked everything up!  But......

Here is my current situation.  This alarm came with 1 LED  Remote.  I purchased two Brand New LCD Remotes and programmed them to the system.  The system worked perfect for about a week.

Yesterday morning I woke to the alarm going off.  The remote said shock sensor.  I shut down the alarm.  It would not reset had to leave the car unlocked.  Later at a more reasonable hour i consulted the book....checked the led on the dash and tried to reset the systems memory with the ignition key as stated in the book.   It didnt work so i had to disconect power to reset.  I then disabled the shock sensor as I had read here that the built in one is problematic. I really dont care about the shock sensor anyway.  I disabled both options of the shock sensor.

Today......same thing woke to the alarm gonig off.  After disarming the vehicle it finally stopped sounding.  But when I try to re-arm it the alarm triggers.  Same if I try to start the car.  I tried disarming with the factory remote incase it accidentally got armed by that.  Keep in mind it is not the shock sensor now....I have no idea...Help Please!!!! 

Just want to confirm......doesnt sound logical but would having more than one 2-way remote on the system cause a problem? 

Any ideas/advise would be appreciated.

Signed,

Extreeeeeeeemly Frustrated.

AKA  Keith2005 Freestar, Code Alarm CA545 - Page 2 -- posted image.  2005 Freestar, Code Alarm CA545 - Page 2 -- posted image.

keith8898 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone have the wiring diagram specific to the overhead console switches for the power sliders/tailgate.  Mine are working if you use the B pillar buttons or manually start to open them.  But with the factory remote or the overhead buttons they dont work.  Thank you.

Keith

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic