icon

remote no-start!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kneedragger349 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

i've just installed a "king's gun" remote start/alarm in my 2002 mazda protege w/manual trans. i know it's not the best system out there but here's the problem. it turns over but doesn't start. .....this system has a procedure for starting because it is a manual trans, it instructs you to (while the car is running) place trans in neutral, apply hand brake then press "4" on the remote. the keys can now be removed from the ignition and the car stays running until you exit and then close the door. the car then shuts off and arms itself. this has to be done or it doesn't even try to start. but having done this, it only turns over......no start. the only part of the install that i'm not sure of is the tach sense wire. the instructions say it may not be needed but goes on to say to connect it to charger(+) or to the starter solinoid(+).  right now it's not connected, i don't know if this is the problem or if it just isn't turning over long enough to start. any suggestion?

thanks,

dave

radsta 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Dave- I would never do a manual for a customer- too easy to crash the car ! It almost sounds like your ignition isn't getting power during remote- have you nerified that ? Steve
victor
kneedragger349 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
i didn't check that because the the car does run without the key during the remote start set up procedures. this is not an install for a customer, it's my vehicle. what is the function of that tach wire? and is the start duration adjustable on the unit?
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

Did you install a Starter Kill Relay on it?  You might have the Starter wire hook up backward.  Or Did you hook up Second Ignition Wire?  When you remote start did the vehicle turn over or not?  It sounds like you hook up everything correctionly, but you might missed a couple wires.

|          TACHOMETER |PURPLE / white         |    |diagnostic connector *3

*3 The diagnostic connector is in driver side rear corner of the engine

compartment. Can also find tach in pin 48 of the ECM.
*4 The ECM is behind the passenger side of the dash.
Good luck

themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

That protoge might have  a imbolizer, did you check for that?

kneedragger349 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

i do have a kill relay installed. it is wired to ignition 1 for it's power. the engine does turn over when you try to remote start but it doesn't start. it doesn't seem to turn over long enough. the tach sense wire is not connected at this time but no one has explained what it does. my instructions say this,"this tach sense wire is a spare wire for few special cars, which cannot detect the engine start signal from power line such as, it can't start the engine successfully." it goes on to say to connect it to charger(+) or starter solinoid(+). i can't understand the logic of this. i don't know if this car has an imobilizer, where would it be? what does it look like? i'm not familiar with this.

thanks,

dave

jamiejackson 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
your promblem is your car does have a immbolizer in it. it is a factory alarm system which only allows your car to be started with a certain key. try this, put your key in the ignition then remote start it. if this works write back and i will tell how to fix this promblem    jamie
kneedragger349 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
i left the key in the ignition but still no start. the key was in the off position.
jamiejackson 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

did you have the tach wire hooked up, the tach wire is used to tell the alarm that the car has started, hook that wire up and program the alarm to tach sense mode

kneedragger349 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

ok, the tach sense goes to tach not solinoid(+). that makes more sense than going to starter solinoid(+).

i tried to start it again after i sent that last post, this time i tried it with the key in the "on" position and it started by remote. is this imobilzer still a factor?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic