Prostart 34-0613-2 Mazda Protege

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shugalou 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Everyone,

I'm finished installing the wires and all but I have had no luck at all with anything. I have tried flashing the hood pin, but no luck, after holding the pin down for 4 seconds the parking lights don't come on.

I have a couple questions/concerns.

1. when I pluged in the 12 wire harness (I only used one wire - white, for a ground as there are no accessories) I plugged it in upside down and sparks shot out!!! Is this thing poockd now?

2. The hood poon, in going through a hole a hole that has paint, should this be a bare metal contact? There was no info on how to install this

3. Is is OK to have two seperate grounds at the same point? I have two different grounds from diferent harnesses at the same screw..

I'm sure I have a good ground, because my test light works off of it fine

The car starts still the old fashion way, but the starter does not react at all.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!

origin 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

the white wire that you hooked up on the 12 pin harness is "grouded while running" and is used for a bypass if needed, as far as flashing the hood pin push it down for about one sec untill the park lights come on then release and push it again while the lights are on, the park lights will stay on for 20 secs if you are succesfful, do you have your park light wire{+} from the 6 pin harness hooked up or the parkilght wire on the 2 pin harness{-} hooked up. Make sure you have that done or you will never get it ot work.

shugalou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the quick reply Origin!

After reading you post you got me thinking.

The 5 PIN secondary harness requires + parking light

but... the 2 PIN harness requires -

I put them both to the same wire +, could this be my problem?

should I attached the 2 PIN wire to a negative or leave it unattached, cause the directions screwed me up when they said "There is a positive Parking Light Output Only one of these two different outputs needs to be connected"

Any help would be great, my wife is getting pissed that this is taking so long :)

Thanks

origin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
ya only use one of the parking light wires the module does not come with a harness for the negative parking light output so i allways use the postive output in the six pin harness and if it the incorrect polarity i just use a relay and switch it.
shugalou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

Right on thanks bro,

I just removed it, but still no luck.

I checked the fuses and it looks as though one is blown, it is a fuse for the main power.

My next question is, I'm not sure if I did the 2nd ignition correctly. I basically just attached the green wire from the 6 pin harness to the 2nd ignition.

I read about the 5th relay and it looked as though the plastic piece was already covering the required output. It also mentions something about connecting the 14AWG wire - Is this the above mentioned green wire or should I be attaching something to this output?

Should I be having any extra fuses or relays not supplied by the kit?

Thanks again, I'm a total nub with this stuff!

origin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

i dont quite understand what you mean the green wire is not allways used depends on the vehile you are installing into, the jumper pin on the module gets moved depending on when you want the green wire to power up.

shugalou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry  for the confusion, I'm a little confuse with this at this point.

The vehicle is a 2000 Mazda protege

I have used the green wire to attach to the secondary ignition, but now I realize that this green wire is suppose to be used for a relay. I was going to use the jumper (5th pin) and attach to the secondary ignition and avoid the green wire all together. From  what I have read though you should have a relay in between, how would the the wiring to the relay go though?

Thanks again for you help, it is much appreciated!

origin 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
ok i didnt look at the wiring diagram for a 2000 protege but on the module 6pin connector  the green wiring can work 3 different ways depending on where you position the jumper pin, if you want to use it as a second ignition thats fine take the green wire and tie it into the second ignition in the car if applicable, make sure the jumper pin is in the right place-middle postion and you are done no other relays are required.....are you sure you dont need a bypasss module for this car?? what part of canada are you from???
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
Installed a couple Canadian Tire brand Starter.
the 5 relay (Green 14 gauge wire) is prewired for 2nd Ignition, or Accessory, or Starter. You do not need to add relay. There was a three jumper slot on the opposite side off the Wiring Harness. By default, Green Wire is already 2nd Ignition. Just connect the Green Wire to 2nd Ignition.
Then follow "Origin" direction. If you still have problem than you can go back to Canadian Tire to buy an new Starter. When you are finished and everything works then return the damage one to Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire will gave you full money back.
shugalou 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot for your help guys! I have wired up exactly as you guys have suggested and I get nothing at all from trying to flash the hood pin. I'm concerned I might have fried the unit when connection the 12 PIN harness upside down the first try.

I will try another brain and see if that solves my problem, my worry though that these are all sold out.

Thanks for you help and I'll keep you posted.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic