icon

01 Grand Am Security light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xdmanx007 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

I have a weird one. Start off with essential info and then the problem.

2001 Pontiac Grand Am 4 door, power everything..factory everything only aftermarket addon is the remote start.

Stand alone 561 Valet (Directed) Remote Start

555L Passlock Bypass

Did not hook up door locks to remote starter.. Actually only hooked up thw remote start no rear defrost, or trunk released hooked up (yet anyway) Need to get the door lock interface box.

Problem: Remote Start starts the car with no problem, tach sense mode, security light behaves normally till about 12 minutes of run time(programmed run time in remote start)  then security light comes on solid till the car is shut down and restarted. There does not appear to be any functional issues with the remote start or the car other than the "security" light comes on solid after about 12 minutes. Shut the car off remote start functions fine. I am baffled.. Any help is greatly appreciated!

uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  

Try disconnecting the neg battery cable for 5 minutes to reset the computer.

I had this issue in my 03 Trailblazer and by doing this it cleared the problem and haven't had it since

rfd
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
try swapping your 555l if uffdog's sugg. doesn't work;
My rifle is my friend...
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
you may also want to try hooking up key sense.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
ryguy 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
i had this happen in a envoy  . i cut the passlock yellow once the vehicle was running and tested from the ing. side to ground to find what impeadence the key was ,put a resistor from the black( ground) to the vehicle side of the passlock module ,only down fall is the passlock is by passed all the time now . you coould put a relay in there if u wanted to make it safe . this worked for me u may not like this method if u had no other way to fix
MECP installer,technician
xdmanx007 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
you may also want to try hooking up key sense.....

First off thanx for the replies!

Key sense? The only 2 options I know of are Tach sense and Voltage sense?

Anyways update time:  Went out this morning and my new favorite car's security light was flashing after trying to remote start.. Double checked all the connections on the 555L all good.. The bypass box was getting a negative input from the remote start. constant 12V, and accessory power. Just to make sure I redid all the connections... No help!! Security light flashing, car firing and immediatelly dieing. Swapped the 555L out, bought 4 bypasses and remote starts as Christmas presents... BINGO no security light.. but the remote start no longer liked the signal from the ignition coil... Very strange... so switched the remote start to Voltage sense BINGO everything is working great... Not too happy about getting a junk 555L box but I guess that is the chance you take being a do it yourselfer...

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
the 555L has to be hooked to IGN not ACC...ACC drops out during crank which will dump the 555L as well....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Don't feel bad we have had many junk 555L and 556L right out the box. We figured it must have been a bad run. Not a perfect world.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic