icon

CHDL1B Any complaints?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to do a 2005 Dodge Caravan R/S and alarm and it seems like a PITA to hook up multiple relays for lock/unlock, 2nd starter, etc.
Bypasskit.com says this module will lock and unlock, provide inputs to horn, parking lights, second starter, AND door status inputs. Sounds too good to be true--and you know what that usually means.
A search of this forum turned up some 2004 posts that would make me run from this product. Has anybody had any experience that would indicate its improved since then? This is the "B" version so maybe they worked out the kinks. Any experience with this--good or bad--would be appreciated.
hgshoemaker 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

I tried it on an 05 Grand Caravan, it did work but.... every time the customer got in or out of the vehicle the horn honked several times (no you can't turn off the horn feature). 

Traced it back to static electricity from the seats. Moved the power and ground to a different source and still had the problem. After 5 hours of moving and filtering sources, I gave up and installed relays and resistors and sent the customer on their way and no trouble since.

tintman97 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

ive used a chdl6-pk2  works awsome for the sentry key systems no sweet spot in the box to find.  Easy to set up  may need to add a relay for lock to work.  

Snapper

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
The CHDL1BPK module does everything it says, but you need the latest version of it. I think it has to have a "B" in the version number. If not it usually has the horn honk problem. I heard that it happens because of a voltage spike on the data line on older versions. If you don't mind all the relays and resistors that method works flawlessly, but isn't as neat. You will still have to use a module and or key/module to bypass the transponder circuit.
sparky
jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
Well  For the2005 van  there is other module that will do the job perfectly  just lock around...
cocolaboy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic