icon

Need wiring 2nd ignition info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
romic00 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hi i need a diagram for how to wire my 2nd ignition and 2nd accessory wire with a relay. THX alot
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Not hard, (85)-12volt +, (87)-2nd Starter Or 2nd Ignition, (86)-Negative 2nd Starter or 2nd Ignition Trigger, (30)-12volt +. 87a is left blank. I believe a picture diagram maybe in the relay section in the column to the left.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Another way is to do this is as follows: For 2nd igntion relay - terminal #86 to the ignition output of the remote starter and to the vehicle's first ignition wire; terminal #85 to the remote starter's ground out when running with a diode inline(Diode's band towards the remote starter); terminal #30 to a fused batttery source; terminal #87 to the second ignition wire in the vehicle; terminal #87a is not used. For a second accessory wire: terminal #86 to the remote starter's accessory wire output as well as to the vehicle's first acc. wire; terminal #85 to the remote starter's ground out when running again with a diode inline in it too with the band pointing towards the remote starter. You will join both ends of each diode together and connect them to the ground out when running line. This diode isolates the two extra circuits. Failure to do so will cause a drain on the battery. Terminal #30 to a fused battery source; terminal #87 to the vehcle's 2nd accessory wire. For the fused battery source wires, splice into the remote starter's main power leads after the inline fuses.
sparky
romic00 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

I got another problem. I installed everything and now when i drive the car the alarm goes on by itself. I went for a 15 minute drive and the alarm started 3 times by itself. Anyone know y? thx

sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
You are going to have to post more information than that for anyone to figure it out. List year, make and model of the vehicle and what kind of alarm is it(factory or aftermarket) and what remote starter it is. It may be as simple as forgetting to hook up a disarm circuit.
sparky
romic00 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Well it's a aftermarket alarm named aolin i got it of ebay. It's on a dodge ram 03. It's the aftermarket alarm that goes off. I also need some help in disarming the factory alarm. I got a diagram on how to do it but my aftermarket alarm doesn't have a wire to disarm the factory one. Any info would help.
romic00 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Also what does it mean when the lights flash 5 times before the engine starts??  i
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Check to see if the alarm's ignition wire is hooked up correctly. It needs to be hooked up, as it prevents the alarm from auto arming if the igntion is on. Check to see if the alarm is programmed to auto arm and change it to active arming (Arms only when transmitter is used). To arm/lock and disarm/unlock the factory alarm use the door lock outputs on the aftermarket system to send a ground pulse through a relay with a 480 ohm resistor to lock the doors and arm the factory alarm. A ground pulse through a relay and a 2,000 ohm resistor will disarm and unlock the doors. The wire you need to hook into is a light GREEN/ orange wire in the driver's kick panel at the firewall.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic