icon

05 Caddy SRX, CompuStar 2WSS-AS?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snocat 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

Should I attempt to do a CompuSTAR  2WSS-AS install on my '05 Caddy SRX?  I'm a mechanic for 25 yrs and great with electronics but I don't want to get into a situation where I need special  product knowledge or experience in order to do a good job. Where would be the best place to purchase the unit? There's a couple for sale on Ebay. On their site they state that if you buy it online the warranty is void.

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

yah if you buy it online the warranty is void

as for the caddy, you can use the 556U to bypass the factory immobilizer, but if you use the 556U you will have to go into each door for doorpin and the driver door for doorlocks

I don't know how well the 457G from DEI works on the GM vehicles with passkey3, if this works you will not have to go into any door for anything, it will work through the databus wire on the diagnostic plug

someone else should have some info on the 457G and if it will work on this vehicle

I perferably like the GM-SL modules but I think they are only available in parts of canada, not sure who makes them

snocat 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
It seems that CompuSTAR/Firstech is a distributor of the GM SL modules(FortinAutoRadio site). On Dr. Detail's site it lists the SRX as using the 457 G. Realize that I have no idea what these are for, dont't they come with whatever kit that you get for the vehicle? Thanks for the tip about not having to go into every door. Also, would the 2WSS-AS CompuSTAR be a good choice? Are there better remote starts out there?
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

I have exactly the same in my 2005 ford and it works perfectly, when you say are there better ones out there, everyone has there opinions, BUt I do like compustar, clifford I also like

The GM-SL module does work for this vehicle and it also works for the 2006 model of the SRX

it does heated seats, heated mirrors, it controls factory alarm, does dorrlocks, trunk release, and some other stuff,

It does all this through the databus wire on the diagnostic plug, it also bypass the passkey 3 or passlock whichever your vehicle has through the databus wire

you don't evne have to go to any of the passlock wires

catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Compustar is great, I have been installing them for almost eight years and after a few years they have become a very reliable product.
snocat 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a big difference between the GM SL and the 457GW? Is one preferred over the other?
catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Anything non DEI.
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
^^ not a fan i see, well the only thing we use is directed for bypass moduels. Sodder every connection especally on the bypass to car connections(Don't be lazy). Only reason we would ever use computstar is if we have a manuel trasmition.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic