icon

Compustar non remote starting issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hchan 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

Me and a buddy just finished w/ my compustar install the other day (CM3000 FM Unit) on my 05 WRX STI.  2 strange things that's been happening... everytime I press on the clutch, my compustar makes a "click" noise and maunal start doesn't work, I would usually have to play with the ebrake and lock/unlock so I can start up the car manually.  Strange thing is that remote start works awesome no problems at all, it's just those few times when I cancel reveseration mode. 

Here's some background on the install...

1) THe Compustar wire that provides a ground during remote start is connected to the clutch switch. (When the clutch is pressed it sends out a ground.)

2) The NPS on my STI is grounded in neutral.  The NPS connected into the brake shutdown wire for the Compustar brain and is diode isolated. (The brake shutdown is a positive trigger, so if it sees +, it'll think the brake is depressed when the car is in gear, and it won't start.)

3) My STI has a transponder and I have a DEI 556U installed.  

Everytime I press on the clutch it sends a ground to the compustar and that's what probably making the noise. If I put in a diode (anode on the clutch wire side) that should should stop the clicking noise.   Do you think this has something to do w/ why manual starting doesn't work right?

catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
What's a NPS and STI?
The black negative out when running should be used with a relay. It provides a very low current it can be damaged quite easily.
The clicking sound is the alarm switching in/out of reserve mode. Do you by chance have your foot on the brake pedal when setting reservation mode?
hchan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  

catalin capota wrote:
What's a NPS and STI?
The black negative out when running should be used with a relay. It provides a very low current it can be damaged quite easily.
The clicking sound is the alarm switching in/out of reserve mode. Do you by chance have your foot on the brake pedal when setting reservation mode?

NPS = neutral position switch and I have a Subaru Impreza WRX STI.... sorry for not carifying.

I do usually have my foot on the brake when setting reservation mode.  How should I be connecting the relay?  I'm fairly new at this 12volt stuff.  Is it a better option then connecting a diode?  Thanks!

hchan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
hchan wrote:

catalin capota wrote:
What's a NPS and STI?

NPS = neutral position switch and I have a Subaru Impreza WRX STI.... sorry for not carifying.

I do usually have my foot on the brake when setting reservation mode.  How should I be connecting the relay?  I'm fairly new at this 12volt stuff.  Is it a better option then connecting a diode?  Thanks!

How do I switch my compustar between manual and automatic mode?  Since my car as a neutral position switch and is hooked up to the e-brake I should have to worry about reservation mode anymore.  Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic