icon

Kicker or Rockford

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2002 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

the subject says it all. before i drop the cash into them, i want to know what other people think.

i want kicker, but what to do? 3 12" Comp VR's? or 2 12" L5's? then if i want to go that direction, rockford stacks up there too. HE2? HX2? AH! what to  i want? i know i want 12's, personaly i think they are best, 10's are just to tight, and 15's are just to low. so size isn't the problem, i just can't make up my mind between rockford and kicker. lately i've been leaning towards a pair of L5 solobarics. probably gonna give me the same bass as 3 round subs, consdiering they cover more surface area, and will take up less space in my trunk. plus 1 less amp to worry about.

so give me your opinions, how does 2 12" Kicker L5 solobarics and a rockford 1000bd for the pair. i've had everything in my car, sony, jl, alpine, ultimate, kenwood.... when its all said and done, its not  just the "name brand", i just really like the bass that kicker and rockfords give... tight, loud ... and painful !!!

johnnyko12 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2002 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  

Kicker or Rockford -- posted image.158.8 and climbing...that seems pretty darn loud to me, what do you got now that you wanna get rid of for L5's or Comp VR's?

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2002 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Which HX2 the RFR2112 or the RFR3112? personally I don’t like fosgate but if you put a RFR3112 against a L5 the fosgage will put the L5 to shame. The L5 might have a slightly bigger surface area but the excursion on the RFR3112 more than makes up for it. As far as the amp goes if your going to use your (1) 1000bd then go with the L5’s just be sure when you wire it all together your not running less than 2 ohms. But if you do decide to get another 1000bd or a larger amp that can power the (2) RFR3112’s then go with the fosgate. As far as the HE2 and the Comp VR go if your looking at the HX2 or L series don’t waste your money on them.  
beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2002 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
well i guess when it comes down to it, the difference between the RFR3112's and the L5's probably isn't to much of a problem. like obviously one is better, but they are both 2 very frickin amazing subs. i think i want to go with the kickers, i like how they sound, and it gives your system that kind of original look, considering how many people have sqaure subwoofers... althought the rockfords might gave a bit of an edge over the kickers, im sure they will still be good enough to satisfy my need for hard hitting bass.  honestly, would you even be able to tell the difference between the 3112's and the L5's? im guessing they are probably pretty close.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2002 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
The kickers go good with the amp you have. If you went with the fosgates you would need a 2nd amp to power them, consideration they are 1000 watts RMS each.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic