icon

Commando central door locking ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firstcavi 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

I have some questions about my aftermarket commando 5 wire central door locking system for my 2001 Chevy Cavalier.

The doors seem to want to stay in the unlock position all the time. I heard that the actuators shouldn't be fully extended, so I did some adjusting and now the doors don't do anything. The brain does make a sound like it's working and the fuse isn't blown but the actuators don't move. 

Also, I would like my Code Alarm CA-630 Alarm / Remote start to be able to lock and unlock the doors. I have the spdt relays (2) and have it wired like this. https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w I'm assuming that it's positive and there's no switchs.  Now what wire do I use from my alarm to do this? The main harness (basic) has a blue (lock) and green (unlock), and an advanced harness that has a blue/black 87a (lock) and a GREEN/ black 87a (unlock).

The alarm manual says: positive 5 wire door lock system, polarity fuse = (+)

single-stage unlock:

unlock motor green (basic) to door lock motor.

unlock switch GREEN/ black (advanced) to vehicle master switch

lock motor blue (basic) to door lock motor

lock switch blue/black to vehicle master switch.

two-stage unlock:

connect wire blue (basic), blue/black (advanced) as stated above.

use a spdt and connect the second door lock unlock (-) 500ma blue/green (basic) to the vehicle's unlock wire

Connect wires green (basic), GREEN/ black (advanced) as stated above.

The directions for the Commando central door locking system says: To unlock/lock trigger from alarm/remote use PURPLE / white, BROWN / brown

I don't know if it's a single or two stage unlock?

I don't know what wire from the system should be hooked to where on the relays to make this work w/ each other.  I just installed the alarm/remote start last weekend is there anything special I need to do with the CA630 system, or can I just make my connections and plug the harness in?

Sorry for all the questions.  Can anyone make sense of this and hopefully help this newb get this finished.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
If you are using a 5 wire Door Lock System that has a Brain? / Relay for the Actuators, then you should NOT have to wire 5 wire Reversal.  It should be a simple NEGATIVE Pulse.  Which your R / S Lock / Unlock wires just need to be wired to the correct Lock & Unlock wires on your Brain? / Relay
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
firstcavi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
So I can just connect the blue(lock) and the green(unlock) from the alarm harness to the white and brown wires from the commando brain and that should work? Should I use the advanced harness or the basic harness from the alarm ?
Thanks
firstcavi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Can I get someone to confirm which harness to use, the basic or advanced?
Thanks in advance for your help!
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
The Brown & White wires on the Commando should require a NEGATIVE Pulse  ( usually less then 500ma )............Use the Lock / Unlock wires from Code alarm that have that capability
Sorry I am NOT familiar with the Code Alarm Unit
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic