icon

Pre-Arm/Defrost CA545/425 '05 GMC Envoy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darius26 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  

It seems as though the delay lock should work. When I press the lock from the remote, it only chirps once. According to the manual, that is what it should do but not lock all the doors. Then once it activates two chirps will be heard. This is the normal amount of chirps had all the doors been closed initially.

So now I'm lost. Also, should the dashboard lights flash on when you press the unlock ?

Thanks

kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like your system is functioning properly. If the door is open and you press lock, the doors will lock, the alarm goes into pre-arm, the parking lights flash once, and the horn/siren will chirp once.  If you then close the door, the horn/siren will sound again and the lights will flash again and the system will arm.  Your dash lights flash because your alarm is turning your parking light on and off.  You said it chirps once when you lock it with door open, so there's your pre arm right there.  You didn't say whether you got the second chirp or not when you closed the door.  I think there is some confusion here as to what you're expecting out of the pre arm.  It sounds to me that you think the doors shouldn't lock when one is open.  This is incorrect, after all, you are pressing the lock button.  Hope this straightens it out for you.
Keith
darius26 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

kohara,

my problem is that the pre-arm doesn't work. although I hear one chirp with a door open it arms and the doors lock. when i close the open door the alarm is triggered instead of just arming and hearing a chirp and the lights flash.

Not sure if it's related, but should my console (dashboard lights) flash on unlock ?

thanks again.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, let's see. I just installed the same system in one of my cars, so I remember now how it works.
--If the door is open, and you press "Lock" on the Code Alarm transmitter, the doors WILL lock, you'll get one chirp, and one parking light flash. So far, sounds like your unit is working right.
--After the last door is closed, the alarm SHOULD give you a second chirp; it is now armed.
(NOTE: Since we don't know what the installer used for a door trigger----the output from the GMCLBP? Or the domelight?----you might have to wait for the delayed domelight to go off, before hearing that second chirp.
BUT, you say that closing the door instead causes the alarm to sound at full volume?
I'm guessing that the door is being closed hard enough to trip the shock sensor.
Those units are shipped with the shock sensor at maximum sensitivity----if the installer forgot to turn it down, which is entirely likely, closing the door will probably be enough to set the alarm off.
Do it all over again-----that is, open the door, press lock, close door, the alarm goes off-----disarm it, but DON'T start the engine yet-----count how many times the LED is flashing------refer to the owner's manual, and you can learn which "zone" of the alarm was violated.
--If it's the shock sensor, that's normal; you might want to turn it down a bit, though.
--If it is the door-trigger zone that went off, that's not normal; have the installer fix it.
--About your other two questions:
1. When you say dashboard lights, you mean the background illumniation, correct? Not the warning lights like the check-engine or seatbelt.
The background illumination will come on anytime the parking lights are on, whether the car is running or not.
Any time that the alarm chooses to activate or flash the parking lights, the dash will illuminate as well; that's normal.
2. I'm aware of the GM feature you describe, where locking the door while open gives you a chime, and then the doors actually lock shortly after they're closed.
All of the databus doorlock modules I've seen do NOT do that; they lock the doors regardless of them being open or closed.
NOTE: The factory GM remotes do the same thing. The doorlock module surely just puts out the same data signal that hitting the factory remote would, so it's likely there's nothing that can be done about it.
kohara73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

What Chris said sounds right.  Even if you arm the system with the doors and hood and trunk open, the shock sensor will still be active.  That's probably setting off the alarm.  When you lock the doors with a door open, does your LED flash once per second, or 3 flashes-pause-3 flashes.  If it flashes 3 times then pauses and so on, it is in pre arm.

Keith
darius26 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you all for the response.

I just verified it again. Sorry about some of the confusion as well..

1). The flash on the dashboard is just the background illumination. Not the check engine, etc. Now I know why it does it. Thanks for your response, Chris.

2.) Prearm mode works only when it's the Driver side door that is open. With the driver side door open, it chirps once and blue light flashes 3 times then pauses ( and so on) as kohara had described. When closed, another chirp is heard and the doors lock, the bluelight flashes once meaning it's armed. Thanks Chris and kohara. This pre-arm (pre-lock, with driver door open) is standard setting for the vehicle. I didn't slam the door, so the sensor is something I'd have to retest.

I left the rear door open and pressed the lock, and right away the doors locked, and the alarm chirped twice. The blue light now flashes just once then pauses..and so on telling me it's now armed. I didn't bother trying to close the door. I just knew it was armed and it would then set off the alarm. Can this be fixed so that pre-arm works on any door being left open ? Is it the install ? the bypass ? Or just the way things are ?

Oh and I haven't heard back from my installer regarding the defrost. Whether he will install it or if it's the module problem...

Thanks again

kohara73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds as if your alarm is only monitoring driver's door.  Try this...Get into the car and arm the system..and then open a door.  Do this to every door, arming the system, then opening them, one by one.  It should go into full alarm as soon as any door is opened.  If it does not, your installer hasn't wired all of the door triggers into the system, and he should correct it.  You didn't pay to have only the driver's door protected.

As for the defrost goes, that would definitely be an 'extra'.  There's a separate wire on the unit for it and possibly the need for a relay, depending on the vehicle.

Keith

Keith
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic