icon

Autochamps R/S 315-001

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trav3D1 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a Autochamps r/s on a 1993 Toyota Camry.  This alarm has been an absolute mess, and I have seen numerous things that I have never seen a alarm do. 

1.) I start the car up with the key, and the parking lights continue to blink for approx. 1 minute, then I take the key out and the car continue to run. (go figure)  The only way the car shuts down is if I take the fuse to the alarm out.

2.) I disconnect the fuse to the alarm and when I start the car up with the key, the starter disable doesn't allow me to start the car, and the siren goes off. (go figure)  The only way I got it to stop was to pull the brain of the alarm out.

Any suggestions......I called the manufacture in New York and they could not even explain a resolution to my problem.  In addition, the installation instructions are noting more than a wire diagram.  I have doubled and even triple checked my work, as a 93 Camry is one of the easiest cars to work on.

Trav
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

i know this really doesnt help...but how about trying another unit?...

Trav3D1 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

My customer actually purchased two of these alarms and I was thinking about changing out the brain to see what happens.  If that did not work, I was going to recommend pitching the entire alarm. 

In addition, the tech support (which happens to be the manufacture and distributor) was virtually useless. 

Trav

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic