icon

Brand name?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duley3 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

What does everyone like for a brand name?  I'm going to have to get a new system and don't really know what I want. I have alway tried to stick with sony. But, I really don't know if that was even the right choice.

I'm not looking for high end stuff. Just something good to start with. Maybe someone could post some model numbers and brands o9f what they have or like. I would like to stay as low in price as possible.

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

First off, be more specific. You said your getting a new system....does that include the head unit, speakers, amp, and subs? Do you want to stay with all one brand or mix and match?

Id stay away from Sony tho.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ignore what anyone recommends buying or suggests not buying. Choose what sounds best to you and only you. Go shopping, educate yourself, then make your own decision. If you have specific questions, we'll be glad to help.

Brand name? - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
Exactly, what may work for one person may not for another. Chances are they drive a different vehicle, listen to different music, listen at different volumes, they will for sure hear different than you, some people may have had a bad experience with brand A while the other person has not. You have lots of options. The bext option for you is to have a goal and work towards it. A educated and informed salesperson will be able to point you in the right direction regarding this. Finding a good salesperson is difficult, there are really not that many out there. So research, ask questions, research some more and then make the informed buying decision on the equipment that will give you the results that you need. Personally, I cannot stand Sony, never have cared for it in over 20 years. But, bring it to me and I can make it sing like you have never heard before. Always post your ride, post as much info as you can about what it is you are trying to do. Stevdart is learning to use my crystal ball right now, so I would expect to hear something from him as well.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
lol.  My crystal ball doesn't reach across the Atlantic.  Well, at least I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
If I may make a suggestion, make sure you hear anything before buying, whether it be speakers, amps or subs. Don't make the mistake I've done several times, by buying stuff and then hearing it to sheer dissapointment. I've been this route for about 3 years and spending(wasting rather, I should say) some considerable amount of money along the line.   
Also you could check any of your friends' systems and see which you like best and maybe work from there.
I am sure you will end up a happy person like most of us. The first step is knowing you want something and you've done that already. Not to forget, this site has been of tememdous help to me and you've found this as well.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Definetly listen before you buy. There are many claims and gimics out there. Take your own music into listmen to also, sometimes places are limited on demo music. Play it loud, monkey  with the features of the headunit and make sure you like how it works and sounds. Happy Hunting.........
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Heh, I would suggest just going and taking a listen to see what you like best, but it seems everyone else has a different idea...
duley3 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

Wow

Thanks for the info.  I plan on listen first now. Just didn't know if one was better then the other. I'm just going to start with a head unit. Then I will go from there.

This will be in a 2003 Blazer. I know that I will have to change the speaker setup. Right now they are in the side panels of the truck. They sound like crap ( like a speaker without a box ). I plan on moving them somewhere else (after I get new one). I'm not looking for something to blow my ears off. I just like a GOOD sound Nice bass.

But, anyways thanks for the info. I will be sure to check around first. Brand name? - Last Post -- posted image.

coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
It is hard to compare head units. Try to take in one of your own CDs that you know well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic