icon

Clifford ShortStop lower than 5 mins?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hvb g60 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

Since I'm 5000 miles away from my car right now, I can't try out the settings I would like to know. So I'm putting my question on here, I hope somebody can give me an answer.

I've got a Clifford AvantGuard5 installed, including the IntelliStart unit. The main thing I would like to use that for, is to have a turbo timer feature available. Because the neighbours probably won't like me  to have the car running for 5 minutes (which in their opinion I'm probably only doing to annoy them ;)), I would like to have the turbo timer set at 1, maybe 2mins max. For that, I would like to use the ShortStop-mode and program the timer as low as 2 minutes. The time the engine will stay on is controlled by the AutoShutDown-timer that also controls the time the engine will stay on after a remote start sequence. I realize that by doing this, I'll lose being able to remotely get the engine to it's normal operating temperature, but since my engine doesn't like being warmed up in a stationary manor anyway (due to forged pistons etc), I probably won't be using that feature for anything but showing of. ;)

The only problem is, I tried setting the timer to 2mins in Cliffnet Wizard Pro, but using the arrows in the box, you can't get it any lower than 5. Using the keyboard you can get it lower and the program doesn't start complaining afterwards. But this obviously is in offline mode, since I'm currently unable to test those settings with the brain connected. Maybe the brain itself will prevent the timer to be configured any lower.

Does somebody have any prior experience in this field? Will this work, or can I give up my hopes and just install an additional relay? I don't like doing that, since it's an additional way of hacking the system, it introduces a new possible cause for failure and it costs me a acc-output. So if I could arrange it the way described above, that would be really great.

Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
you don't have to use short stop for the turbo timer
turbo timer only needs to run for a amtter of seconds not mins
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
hvb g60 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

If you want to get the oil and the engine parts down to a more normal temperature, a couple of seconds won't be sufficient to archieve that. The oil will come to a standstill inside the bearings, while the casing of for instance the g-charger (a compressor by VW) is still quite hot. The oil becomes too hot and my bearings aren't happy with that.

But anyway, I'm not here to discuss the sense in having it cool down for 2mins, I'm here to ask if it's possible to adjust the duration of the ShortStop timer to such a low value. Clifford ShortStop lower than 5 mins? -- posted image.

Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
no you have to use an aux for the turbo timer
an aux can be set for anything between 1 and 255 seconds
Darren Power
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
if you don't have a spare aux and its a manual trans you can do you remote start manual trans procedure. get out of the car and wait a min to arm. the car will only shut down when armed.
there are the 2 options that you have..
Darren Power

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic