icon

looking for a Kove Armageddon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wandertool 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
im looking for a kove Armageddon but not just any im looking for the a 12" 2 of them that say armageddon on the sub in the center of them i known how good they are i use to have a pair of the and they cost alot of money and i cant find them now but if you find some send me link in a email or just post and help me out  i cant find them any more not sure why but i turnd head when i came down the street i made my friends hear me up to 3 mile away  from the street light  is 3mile from his house and i sat thier one day and i turn my stero up and when i showed at his house he said he new i was come because he heared me
wandering is the pathe of a human to atome for the sins of their life
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
So, if what you had was good, would you like more? looking for a Kove Armageddon -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
wow, that is one long sentence!
wow, 3 miles!?
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
I once had a 10,000 watt audiobahn sub you could hear for 4 miles never seen and armageddon though
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Did you try checking with Kove Audio?  The Koves are great for pure SPL applications, but don't expect much musicality from them.
Support the12volt.com
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Three miles? Four miles? Please. Do you guys have any idea how loud that would have to be?
There is no such thing as free installation!
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
atleast 160db?looking for a Kove Armageddon -- posted image...............
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
HELLA more than 160dB. The sound drops at a rate that is equal to the square of the distance. Environmental noise floor is generally accepted as around 70dB, so the noise sound you wanted to hear (AT your position) would HAVE to be 73dB MINIMUM.
73+3=76dB @ 1.5 miles away
76+6=82dB @ .75 miles away
82+12=94db @ .375 miles away
94+24=106dB @ .1875 miles (990 feet away)
106+48=154dB @ 495 feet away
154+96=250dB @ 250 feet away
Do ya see where I am going? It is impossible. Your head would cavitate. DEATH occurs at 200dB! And while these number WILL be affected by environmental influences, you get the idea... It AIN'T possible. The space shuttle, 3 miles from the launch pad is noisy, (approximately 150dB at 200 yards) but the energy released PER SECOND is the equivalent of all the electricity used on the EASTERN SEABOARD in the same time frame... Unless you have a few GIGAWATTS of amplifier power, forget it! Good story, though! looking for a Kove Armageddon -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
wandertool 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

first off your worng in 1992 in a compation their was a man he had 2 12 that you cant get no more and you could hear him litterly  coming and i mean it he hit so hard he was band and not allowed to compet with his syestm because he killed a man in the stands they still make the speaker for custom orders but you got to custom order it and he was hear 4mile  a way like it was nothing and i thought that was cool but any was if any one knows where i can get the koves i want thenlet me known thank you  

wandering is the pathe of a human to atome for the sins of their life
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ummmm, this is starting to sound like an episode of Mythbusters if you ask me.  Myth would be busted for sure. Some of us were involved in this industy in 1992 and by then had been for quite awhile. Yet I don't ever remember hearing of this story.....
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic