the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Correct way to load 2 drivers in one enclosure...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yahd2000 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2003 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

as in the case of a fiberglass enclosure or even a simple sealed box... do you just double the recommended size for a single woofer, or is there some reduction as in 10% of recommended volume per woofer...

Well, it is for 2 Kicker CompVR12 Duals (2ohm per VC) woofers..

Also, what is the best way to wire it... to kill two birds with one stone I wired it all in Series, 1st because the instructions said if 2 drivers in 1 box and one fail the other may blow because of the bigger box... 2nd because I have a 2 Channel amp (MTX2200X) and bridged it.. @4ohms its 400 watts, so I assume @8ohms it would be 200watts, but since its 200 watts flowing thru one circuit, wouldnt the combined output of the 2 drivers be (theoretically I guess) equal to 400 watts..??

Right now the 2 drivers are in a single sealed separate chamber box, but I need more room.. :P

yahd2000 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2003 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone..??

Any info at all..??

amador 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2003 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
all you have too do is double the encolsure size also it is best if you use a poly fill.you can wire your speakers down to a 1ohm load to get the max from your ampall you have to do is wire them parallel thats only if your amp can handle a 1ohm load other wise keep them at 4ohm.good luck.
sonic boom
NyxBass 
Silver - Posts: 226
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2003 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, it's double recommended volume. It's best to have separate chambers too. Helps with standing waves and bracing. Also, you won't have any worries about blowing the other woofer (which, BTW, is a very small chance - you'd really have to be pounding, AND not paying attention at all.).
/NyxBass

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic