icon

system advice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
littleducky 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
i have 2 10' kenwood subs my amp is a sony xplod 1000watt...2 questions...1 my amp has a high voltage/high current switch.which is better??? 2..my kenwood subs are 600 watts each..one speaker has a slight slit in it..could that be my reason of having low bass?? (not hittin the way it should) any input would be greatly appreciated
mech3 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Is the slit in the surroung or cone?
littleducky 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

surrounding

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  
if you are running high voltage, you will be using RCAs to connect the amp to the source unit...if you are using high current, the speaker leads from your source unit are utilized...if youre running RCAs, leave it on high voltage, if you are running the amp off of the speaker leads, use the high current switch...
as far as the tear in the subs surround, you can attempt to seal it with some kind of sealing agent (adhesive sealant that is flexible so it will adhere to the surround without cracking flaking or breaking hopefully...) but most of the time personally, I would jut replace the equipment that is faulty...
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Try liquid nails sealant, clear seal. It sticks to anything and everything, stays flexible for a long time.  Double check your wiring make sure you don't have a sub wired backwards.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic