Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rakesh 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

2002 saturn l300

code alarm ca520 (remote start w/keyless) installed jan-06

we've determined that the unit's 3rd ignition continued a ground(blue/black) causing the dei555l to be active all the time. this caused the passlock 2 failure. (5-13-2006)

we've replaced the ca520. 3rd ig. does what it should do now.

the vehicle remote starts properly. the vehicle starts with the key properly too.

the security light stays on all the time.

the owners manual says it has completly disabled the passlock 2 feature and should be serviced at dealership.

now u know what the dealership is going to say. remove the unit, but the don't understand that the problem is resolved and most likely will not happen again.

i just want the security light reset

tried a obd2 computer- no codes came up to erase

tried disconnecting the battery pos & neg. no luck

get back to me a.s.a.p.

audio dezign
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

What you want to happen here is for the security light to go into (blinking) temp theft mode instead of (solid) disable mode. What you need to do is open up the yellow wire in the passlock harness, then remove the pcm fuse(s), let sit for a minute, reinstall fuses, try cranking starter. If this doesn't work, leave yellow wire disconnected, turn ignition on (not crank) pull pcm fuse one at a time if there are two with the ignition on and someone watching security light. If this doesn't work pull both at the same time and reinstall with ignition on. I had a stolen recovery Impala that had a pcm fuse under the hood and in the ipc ds dash. Mine worked when I pulled and reinstalled underhood fuse. In the impala, it seemed like the pcm was locked in long term disable mode, probably why it was dumped. Pulling the pcm fuse(s) reset the security light so it would blink, allowing me to reconnect the yellow wire, leave key on for 10 minutes, and reset the passlock like you normally do.

hope this helps...by the way, try Ultrastart remote starters, a lot less stressful TRUST ME!

My rifle is my friend...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic