icon

Just added headrest, but video looks bad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Roveer 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

I just added a pair of Vizualogic 9" headrest monitors to my existing setup and the picture quality is not great. 

My original setup is a Audiovox VCP and an 10.4 drop down.  In adding the Vizualogics, I had to use an Audiovox DIN to RCA cable because the VCP only outputs on DIN.  I switched the 10.4 dropdown from directly connected to the VCP to the Vizualogics output 3.  The 10.4 dropdown looks great, nice clean clear, the Vizualogics screens are somewhat jittery, with a vertical white line jumping in and out at the very bottom of the screen on brighter scenes.  The picture is nowhere near as good as the Audiovox dropdown.  I lined in an xbox and the picture is much cleaner with no line on the bottom.  I'm thinking about a video amp, but the connection from the VCP to the Vizualogics box is about 1.5 feet long.  Still need an amp?

Where can I get an amp (locally or via the net).

Also, I have an Audiovox 4 in SDB25 (4 in 5 out) video switcher that I wanted to use, but It looks like the vizualogics are somewhat proprietary and you have to use their box.  Is this so?  Is there any way for me to use the Audiovox?  I have one additional screen I need to drive.  I guess I could split the signal going to the 10.4 dropdown and use a video amp if necessary.  Looking for suggestions here.

Regards,

Roveer

doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
Your audiovox 10" and your headrests should both have two inputs, unless you are trying to play 3 different things there is no need to use a video switcher.  It is possible that you need to use a video amp, your VCP probably doesn't supply enough signal to drive all 3 monitiors. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic