icon

HU decision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
You may want to check around for local deals before turning to the internet. I know for a fact that bestcaraudio.com is not an authorized dealer of MTX products so Im sure that goes the same for many of their other products too. This could come to be a problem when trying to warantee the item. Ive never dealt with the site so I cant give you any first had experience. You might want to open another thread asking for advice with the site. just my .2 cents. I always try and deal locally from authorized dealers as much as possible. If you haggle enough you might be able to get a better deal. thats how I roll! lol
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

I'd first like to stress the importance of buying from an authorized retailer (locally if possible).  You never know what problems you'll run into buying online from unauthorized places.  If you buy from a local shop and have any problems, you can just go right back.  Online can be a much different story.

If you're stuck on getting either the Panasonic or the Pioneer, my biased vote goes to the Panasonic.  One of the best decks I ever bought was a Panasonic- never gave me any problems, and about 8 years later is still strong (in my brother's fiance's car).  I can't say the same for Pioneer.  The one and only I ever bought did not work when I recieved it, and since it was from an unauthorized dealer, I had to pay out of pocket for service.  Also, a quick search on this site will reveal numerous threads about the noise problems associated with Pioneer headunits when hooking up external amplifiers.  This is a quality control issue that has been around for years and still not addressed.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Tnilli 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yea i know i should buy from a local dealer...but they charge so much. I try to find places online that are authorized...but i have no clue which are and which arent. Thanks for all your help, i'll prolly go with the panasonic then.
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
They only charge a lot because the average joe schmo doesnt know that you can haggle. For instance, I bought a MTX 1501D from car toys (my local dealer). The amp retails for $800. I got it for $230 brand new with a 4 year warantee. How did I do this you ask? Lots of talking. Try to assure the salesman that you will be purchasing all of your future audio equipment from that store and that you will refer all of your friends to the same salesman. Chances are your first purchase will have a small discount. As time goes on and you live up to your promise the discounts will most likely improve.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
a 1501D for 230 with a 4 year warantee? I gotta be honest with you, I dont care how much you "promise" to buy from me in the future, Im not gonna toss one of these amps out the door for over 50% off dealer cost. I dont know how you did it man, but I think I would warn everyone else that any salesman who wants to keep his job isnt gonna be selling them for that kinda deal.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Tnilli 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys i know i started a thread before but some things have changed and i have another question to ask. I decided to go with the Alpine CDA-9857.  Now i just found out my friends cousin works for an installation shop and he has a special deal with the Infinity brand he is going to give me a discount. I decided to just spend the money and get some good stuff. Right now im looking at getting that Alpine HUD and then for my front components some Kappa Perfect 6.1 6-1/2" 2-way component system and then for my back speakers Infinity

KAPPA63.7I 6-1/2" three-way loudspeaker. My only question now is what amp should i get to power the speakers. I'm thinking the Infinity REF311A which is a 300w amp. I really dont have much of a clue though. So i guess my questions are A) is this a good set up? B) the right amp?

Thanks

killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
forget about the 3-way speakers. all it is, is a woofer with the smaller tweeter and tiny tweeter in the middle which blocks a lot of the sound wave from the woofer. I dont understand why these speakers still exist. The design is just crap IMO.
Tnilli 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
so instead of the 3-way maybe go with the Infinity KAPPA682.7CF 6" x 8" (5" x 7") two-way loudspeaker instead for the back? Thanks for your help man.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic