icon

1996 ford taurus wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pat_rick_44 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

i am trying to install my cd player for about a week now and i have looked for wiring diagrams but the only 2 that i have found were either the wrong wires or something.  i need to know which wires are the accessory or the ignition 12v  and the battery wire the battery one according to the installation book is the memory i believe.  any help is greatly appreciated

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Have you cut the factory plug? If not, go get yourself a wiring harness. This car may have a factory amp, although I am not sure, just some thing to consider.

Other wise I suggest you get a test light and start with that, then worry about speakers. If all else fails, take it to a pro.

pat_rick_44 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
well i already bought a wiring harness but that was only to the speakers and to the antanae and there is only 3 other cords that do not go with the wiring harness from the cd player and that is the ignition, battery, and ground. and all the ones that i have found say that black is ground which i thought so too but it is always better to have a backup but they both have different colors for the other 2 so i need to know which 2 colors are right and possilby where to find them i assumed that they would be where the stock radio was at and according to the 2 wiring diagrams i found i have the right wires there but i have all 4 of the colors because both of them had 2 different colors for them but again in the car there is all four of those colors so im not sure which to use but i used the 2 from each like when i got the first one i tried those 2 colors and when i got the second one i tried those 2 colors but it didnt work on either. i havent hooked the speakers up yet because i wanted to see if it would even turn on before i started hooking the speakers up and so far it hasnt turned on even if i turn the car on. so i really need help :D
pat_rick_44 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

and what do you mean have i cut the factory plug?

pat_rick_44 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
ok i think i got the wires hooked up right now but the only button that will work is the eject button and in the instalation booklet it says i need to push the open button in order to make the panel come down so that i can take out soem screws.  but that button will not work and so im not sure if it is a faulty player or if i have something wired wrong.  can someone please help me i have been working on this thing for a week now.  it is a  dual xd7500 i think not sure on the letters it is either xd or av or something.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

Slow down for a second.  You mentioned that you bought a harness, but that it doesn't have all the wires.  Does this look like what you bought?: http://www.scosche.com/scosche_caraudio.aspx?ItemID=FD10B&CategoryID=78

If so, that's all you need.  Otherwise you have the wrong harness.  You're local shop should have this, or be able to get it for you.  The symptoms you describe tells me that your deck has constant power, but not switched- something's not right with the wiring or there's a blown fuse (or both).  Before more trial-and-error (which could cause expensive damage to your car's electronics), I suggest picking up the proper harness and taking the guess work out of it.  You should always test wires with a multimeter whenever you're unsure rather than just hooking them up to see.  If you can't get it to work, I second the above advice of taking it to a professional.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
the_one369 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
geepherder is right you need that harness i use to own a 96 taurus and you need to run those wires from your cd player all the way to your trunk where i believe on your left side behind the carpet should be where you hook the other end into a box where your antenna and such is hooked up to
pat_rick_44 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
that is what i bought but it only has the speaker wires and the power antanae but not the constant and switched power or ground wires.  i have found 3 different wiring diagrams and all of them have different colors for the wires.  the harness i have does run from the trunk but it still doesnt work because it doesnt have those wires...and all three of the wires in the diagram allow me to eject and insert a cd but that is all that will work...so would all 3 of them be right or would i have the constant 12v wire wired into the switched wire? would that make it do that and if so... which of the wires would be the switched?
jayx27 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
The scosche kit comes with the wire harness for the 4 speakers, the remot turn on, and the football shaped dash area where it supplies you with a constant, accessory, ground, and (maybe) an illumination wire. That would have been the kit to buy.
The problem with your deck thusfar sounds like you havent found the proper accessory wire. The dual decks will eject with only constant power applied to them, but with out a turn on signal they will do nothing else. Re-test your accessory wire and check for blown fuses.
Good luck, I hope that helps
pat_rick_44 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
thanks that sounds helpful but im too tired tonight to try it right now but ill try it tommorrow and check back tommorrow and tell u if it goes good
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic