icon

Viper 690XV, 530T, Nissan 350Z

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deb10042 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  

Having some troubles with installing the 530T module, I’d appreciate someone's help! 

My car was, until now, equipped with a 529T module, which made an automatic closing of all windows possible, when arming the security system.

After removing the 529T module, I replaced it by the new 530T module.

For rolling the windows up, I connected the existing wiring of the 529T module (each providing switch side and motor side ground for driver's and passenger's door). For rolling the windows down, I installed - for both doors in the same way - new, additional wires.

After also having connected all other wires according to the installation manual, when first testing the module (doors were open), all functions of the 530T seemed to work fine.

Unfortunately, two relevant malfunctions occurred when closing the doors:

- the normal automatic function (which was even provided as long as the 529T module was installed), lowering/lifting the windows for about 1 cm when opening/closing the doors, was gone. 

- Opening the doors now lets the windows roll down completely (!); closing the doors lets them roll up completely (!) and automatically. 

Now, I'm desperately looking for a work around.  Can you please help me and tell me, which mistake I made in wiring? Which modifications do I have to make in order to receive the stock functionality of lowering/lifting the windows when opening/closing doors back?

Thanks a lot!

How I did the wiring of automatic windows (for passenger's and driver's side alternatively):

- wiring behind door covers, using the plug within the harness between motor and switch
- for rolling windows down, I cut the darkgreen wire of the 350Z-harness; switch side connected to WHITE/ black (left) and white (right) wire of the 530T module; motor side connected to green (left) and GREEN/ black (right) wire of the 530T module
- for rolling windows up, I cut the blue wire of the 350Z-harness; switch side connected to brown (left) and BROWN / black (right) wire of the 530T module; motor side connected to blue (left) and blue/black (right) wire of the 530T module
- ground path of both motors (violet and violet/black wires of 530T), as well as chassis ground (black) connected to original grounding-bolt of 350Z-chassis
- 12V constant (red wire of 530T) connected to ignition harness
- AUX input (RED / white wire of 530T) connected to channel 2 AUX-output of security system 690XV
- ground when armed (orange wire of 530T) also connected to orange ground when armed output of the 690XV base unit.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

How about eliminating the window module completely and driving the windows both up and down using only a (-) signal on the lock and unlock wires?

Much cheaper, much easier to install, and it will actually work correctly.

From my experiance the DEI window modules do NOT allow you to defeat the one touch feature that makes them incompatible with several new cars that automatically drop the windows when the door is opened.  Without defeating the one touch feature the DEI product will not work.

Kevin Pierson
KPierson 
Posted: July 05, 2006 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  

Actually, I take back most of what I said.

I didn't realize you were from Germany.  I know the UK spec Zs can't be controlled by the (-) signals on the lock or unlock wires, as they can not raise or lower the windows from the drivers door key cylinder.

You may be able to look in to using a relay on the door pin wire to disable the window module when the doors are open.  Its a hack and a work around, but it may work.

Kevin Pierson
deb10042 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

Actually, I take back most of what I said.

I didn't realize you were from Germany.  I know the UK spec Zs can't be controlled by the (-) signals on the lock or unlock wires, as they can not raise or lower the windows from the drivers door key cylinder.

You may be able to look in to using a relay on the door pin wire to disable the window module when the doors are open.  Its a hack and a work around, but it may work.

Bad to hear that!

Can you explain the last thing you wrote a little bit more? As I am not really good in installing things without a detailed plan and a manual, I don't know exactly, what you meant and what to do. Did you speak of using an additional relay together with the 530T module? What will this work around  do? Will it give me the original feature of lowering and lifting the windows back and maintain at the same time the functions of the 530T?

How do I have to wire this relay?

Thanks again!

KPierson 
Posted: July 06, 2006 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Your windows are still dropping like normal, the problem you are having is that the module you installed adds a 'one touch' feature that keeps the windows going if you pulse them.  The windows dropping is essentially pulsing the module, causing the one touch feature to kick in.  So, to advoid this, you would want to disable the window module when either door was open.  I've never done this, and it might not work, so I won't post any detailed diagrams for it.  Basically my idea was to use the door pin to trigger a relay that will remove power from the window module when either door is open. 

Kevin Pierson
deb10042 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  

Ah, I now understand your idea!

But that sounds by far too complicated for me as I do not have any wiring plans.

I fear, I'll have to completely uninstall the 530T and put the 529T back in again. Damn! It would have been a nice thing to let the windows go up or down with the remote or with a one touch buttonViper 690XV, 530T, Nissan 350Z -- posted image.

Thanks anyway!

KPierson 
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  

Buy a US spec Z!  :)

You can lower the windows from the OEM remote, and you can easily raise them back up with a little work.

Kevin Pierson
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
deb,
I thought I responded to your post earlier, but it didn't go through somehow.
If the engine is OFF, and you turn and HOLD the key in the driver's door, will the windows go up and down?
If so, there is no need for any of those modules......go to the carsound.com security forum, do a search for "nissan windows," and you'll see.
KPierson 
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
I would love to see where all the posts that don't make it to the board end up.  There would be at least 100 from me in there!  This is the only forum I belong to that I have to copy my posts to my clipboard before hitting send, just so I know that they don't disapear!
Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic