icon

Deep deep bass sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

another great sub to look at is the JL 12w6v2. i sell both the type x and the w6 at the shop and chose the w6 over the x because the w6 sounds a little better to me. and as far as price the 12w6 and type x are right at the same RETAIL price point .

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thats what im planning on doing tomorrow but  there arent any real local audio shops. All the Audio shops are run by non-english speaking guys just trying to make some money. i live in nyc actually about 20min from the city towards the island =). Anyways i look around and they got all kinds of equipment but nothing hooked up nothing u can hear, just equiptment out the ass. So its kinda hard to find a local dealer who is english and i can talk to except for circuity city and best buy and chain stores like that. The local shops are all authorized dealers just there is no setup that u can try out and doodie..so yeah im going to go look around and see what else is out there..anyone got any other brands they think i should check out besides the type x's and the eclipses?
I guess that guy has subs.
TeddyKGB 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't recommend the Diamond D32. I have them in my car and they aren't that loud at all. In fact I'm thinking of adding 2 more 12s to make it louder.  Maybe some D9s, but even still Elipse Titaniums are on the next level IMO.
2 Diamond Audio D3 12s
Hifonics ZXi1006 amp
MB quarts all around and a Panasonic up front.        You wanted to know don't lie...
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Teddy, what enclosure are they in?
TeddyKGB 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

aznboi3644 wrote:
Teddy, what enclosure are they in?

I had a shop build the ported enclosure to the specs that diamond gives on their site. 

2 Diamond Audio D3 12s
Hifonics ZXi1006 amp
MB quarts all around and a Panasonic up front.        You wanted to know don't lie...
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ic...you could use WinISD and try to design a new box for those...but if you have the money than go for the new subs.
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
I may get my azz chewed for this, but I cannot believe no one has mentioned the Solo X series by Kicker.
SoloX 18 - 5000W RMS / 10000W Peak
SoloX 12 - 2500W RMS / 5000W Peak
SoloX 10 - 2500W RMS / 5000W Peak
I am planning putting a SoloX 10 into a 93 Chrysler Concorde, if you know of anything between a 10" and 12" that hits harder, pending the right box, please let me know, because I promised my friend an insane setup.
I told him, after I am done, people will think he has three 15" woofers in there.
He is excited, I am going to do it in a few months, right now I am just redoing his interior with...
Alpine CDA-9853 Head Unit
6.5" Diamond Audios Front Door speakers
Custom fabricating a location for two more 6.5" Diamond Audios in his rear doors (cutting into the metal was BIOTCH)
6x9 Diamond Audios in the rear board
I don't mean to take over the poster's post. I just want the harddest hitting woofer between a 10 and 12" and I was going to put 2500W RMS to it, by the way.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

" don't mean to take over the poster's post."

I hate kicker. I had 4 L7's blow and they werent even on full power.. i had a kicker 1200.1 amp connected to 2 12" L7's blue and platium and the cones burned.. i got replacements and they burned. i then got alpha sonik's which had a lower RMS and they were amazing. I had it with kicker subs. Kicker amps are workhorses and amazing but there subs im staying away. you can talk about how kicker is a SPL sub and not SQ and some might disagree but for me it lacks SQ. DOnt get me wrong it pounded like hell but only for about 5 months..then its trash...this is just from my experiences.

P.s i went to the guy at circuit city and he said the exclipses are garbage there no good.... Now lets see forbidden or circuit city....forbidden or circuit city...hmmm.. lol those guys at CC know doodie.. they just like the loud stuff with no depth or quality.. im still sticking with forbidden with the eclipses.

lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know how JBL'S Grand Touring Series subs hit?
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
I cant believe CC told you that eclipse is garbage. They wouldt carry it if it was. And seeing that they just started carrying it i doubt it. Plus I know for a fact that eclipse quality is far superior to most. Especially kicker. I cant believe someone recommended those, especially since you said you are looking for a SQ sub. Squar subs will never give you great SQ. Im pretty sure that statement is going to start an uprising, but if they were such great SQ subs, more SQ competitors would use them. Plus another big part of competing is trying to stay in the lowest power class you can. 5000Watts RMS is not going to help that situation at all.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic