icon

Car problem or Clifford problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bnmn 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 1996 Honda DX with Clifford matrix 1DL installed. Lately car has been stalling. It acts like a bad ignition switch, but I'm not sure. Today,I went to disarm the alarm and it wouldn't disarm. Opened the door manually and then closed it. Came back later and alarm disarmed...I got in and turned ignition and nothing happened. Noticed radio clock had been reset. The dash pannel was off also. Turned key over again and car started. These symptoms have become more frequent lately but don't present a pattern. Sure could use some advice...is it car or alarm problem? Thanks

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
well un hook th ealarm all together and see what happens. if car dont start need to fidn the starter wire and connect it back togther
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
if your clock and radio were reset then thats a good indication of a power problem which is more likely to be related to a car problem.
Check battery terminals and also check the fusebox for loose/corroded plugs/fuses
bnmn 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the replies guys.

The car is my daughters. She gave me another problem it's doing. The alarm wouldn't disarm. She rocked the car with her hand, pressed the remote and it disarmed. She took the car to Honda for some other work and had them check into the stalling issue also. They could find anything...it didn't act-up with them. Could there be a bad sensor or loose wire causing this? I'm trying to get an idea of whats wrong before fixing it or most likely  taking back it to BestBuy, who did the install.

Thanks again

snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
take it back to best buy
glantern83 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Most likely either a bad connection at the battery.... Or a bad connection at the alarms harness.... Knowing bestbuy they pobably just taped the wires together lol....
take it back to them an let them diagnose the problem... Touching it yourself or letting someone else do it will void their warranty of the product...
As to the question of a bad sensor... It would not prevent a disarm of the alarm just make it go off all the time...
- Kitt
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

snotdobbs wrote:
take it back to best buy

This gets my vote as well. Your gonna get your self into a finger pointing blame game....

Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2006 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
I had a similar thing with a honda crx recently. It turned out to be a really bad connection at the battery. The honda terminals aren't the best. So i would go to the battery and see if the terminals are loose.
nawlej 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
glantern83 wrote:
Most likely either a bad connection at the battery.... Or a bad connection at the alarms harness.... Knowing bestbuy they pobably just taped the wires together lol....
+1 on that!
As you may have seen in another thread, I had the starter wire and ignition wire cause a short in the Clifford harness. THE WHOLE installation by Best buy was using twisted wires, electrical tape, and too much wiring loom. I was very displeased because this left my wife stranded on the side of a 2 lane country road. I guess they didnt know that making connections like that to wires that carry a lot of current can cause shorts. It did, however, make the car stall intermmitently about 3 weeks before it died completely. I'd check those connections...the brain box was dangling behind the dash by the wires too, so thats probably how it shorted. I'd go ahead and replace that ignition switch as a precaution too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic